Flywheel question

65Fastback

Hello,

I am going to order a new flywheel for my 68 200 cui engine.
I found 3 options for 9 Inch clutch and 136 tooth flywheels:
1. CJ Pony
2. NPD
3. MDL

I assume all three will fit to my engine. Is this correct?

On the pictures, all look different.
MDL states than theirs is a "lighten billet steel flywheel". Does this promise any advantage? Price is higher anyway.

At the moment I tend to go for the CJ Pony one as it looks most similar to my existing flywheel. Is there any experience with the CJ flywheel.

Thanks for your opinions in advance!

Cheers
Joerg

1) don't trust pic (they will often state the pic does not apply "for rep purposes only"). I can't say for each company. U might ask if U need to.
2) Awful expensive to ship (due to weight). Is this a case U can just switch out the 'ring gear'? /or/ could B cheeper to machine locally?

Y do U need a new FW? (sorry tell me if i'm bein nosey, impolite). I saw U post recently but 4got ur issues.

to be honest, i would go with the NPD flywheel. they have the best customer service as well as qualitquicklyy parts. and tehy generally get the parts to you quickly.

as for a lightened flywheel, that means they have taken weight out of the wheel making for quicker engine reving. that becomes a detriment though for the street where you want that stored energy in the flywheel to launch the car.

Great feedback, thanks rbohm.
So I will focus on NPD even though the picture looks strange.
In had the feeling, that "lightened" will do no good to my application.

Chad, in Germany machining a flywheel is not a cheap thing. Most people go for a new one.

Cheers
Joerg

I got a 92 cent prt for my 1974 pressure cooker (meals cooking) that cost over $18.00 due to
shipping, handeling, duties, fees and tarrifis (I don't know what all) in 2013.

Every town here in NE USA has 5 machine shops (kinda like Japan/some other co, guy's got some equp in basement,
comes home after wrk to eat/ck in with wife/go back to wrk). I heard Germany has some pretty classic sim. examples.
Oh well..

Started strip off some teeth on yours?
BTW: same 1 as urs fits my bronk (B4 the 250ci swap).

Back