Adjustable Rocker Assembly Screw Sizes

Matthew68

Hi Folks,

I have two sets of adjustable rocker arm assemblies. I'm in the process of rebuiling and restoring both assemblies, including drilling out the valve side oiling holes. One thing I noticed between the two assemblies is the adjustment screw is a little different on both sets. One one set, the adjuster screw has a 7/16" head size, while the other assembly has a 1/2" head size for the adjusters.

As far as I can tell, the screw is otherwise exactly the same. I haven't taken apart the 1/2" assemlbly yet, but the ball that sits in the pushrods appear to be the same size for each.

Did Ford offer two different sizes or change sizes after a certain year? I don't see part numbers on the adjuster screws, so hard to tell.

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Matthew

Yes The rocker arms internal thread sizes should all be the same and therefor interchange. The rocker arm adjuster nut size can be different though depending on the original part supplier so trying to match all 12 of them to one size is a good plan to follow. :nod:

Howdy Back Matt:

That's a new one on me. Do you happen to know the year and vehicle application that each came from? Thanks, in advance.

Adios, David

CZLN6":3iq5vdkm said:
Howdy Back Matt:

That's a new one on me. Do you happen to know the year and vehicle application that each came from? Thanks, in advance.

Adios, David

Hi David,

I do not, unfortunately. I’ll post a picture shortly. The entire shafts are uniform on each, as in one shaft has all 7/16” and one shaft 1/2”. I could try and get the part number off the actual rocker, but I’m not aware of any other part numbers on these assemblies (please educate if I’m mistaken). I bought the two assemblies from someone who had come by them second hand, so no history to share.

Cheers,
Matthew

I have seen both sizes as well, never tried to interchange the screws themselves though. I agree with the idea of just keeping a matched set on a given rocker arm.

Back