Cam gear locking up on assembly

6d7coupe

Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
Hi, I think I am missing some kind of spacer behind my cam gear. I am assembling a short block. when I tighten the cam gear it locks down on the thrust plate, and locks up the engine. Does anybody have picture of one, know where i can get one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Yeah you need the "wedding ring" spacer. It's VERY easy to miss it and throw it away with the old cam. It will be on your old cam. They are not available aftermarket.

Thats what I was afraid of. There is no old cam here. Thanks for the confirmation though.

With the inside bevel toward cam journal. :nod:
Is the oil galley plug in place?..It is hidden by the cam sprocket and gets missed often.

These on every motor?
Same size on all small sixes?
I have spare motors to scavenge.

chad":1f35f9nt said:
These on every motor?
Same size on all small sixes?
I have spare motors to scavenge.
All small ford six's have them and are all the same.
I mailed one to a member, looks like it is your turn :)

Hey,
I just mailed out a free exh. manif.

Look around guys, this one would take quite awhile.

Lost my house last summer, moved all my stuff to the garage (15 mi away),
just lost the garage (I think)...

I got a bare 65 engine with all the parts. It should still have the spacer on it if you all are interested

StarDiero75":1nyg932u said:
I got a bare 65 engine with all the parts. It should still have the spacer on it if you all are interested

I'm interested in that cam spacer if 6d7coupe doesn't want it.

Hi, I appreciate the offer, but i picked up a core engine over the last couple of days. I gained a few other things i might be able to use. I cant believe nobody makes those things. Thanks

Back