Pushrods - giving up on VI. Any other vendors?

Shelly6

The only part I still need for my build are the pushrods for my 1.6 adjustable rockers. I've calculated that I need the 8.125 length. That size on the Vintage Inlines website seems to be out of stock but I don't really know as VI goes dark for weeks at a time without returning emails or phone calls.

Are these generic enough to get other places?

I understand not wanting the pushrods length to be wayyy off but isnt the point of the adjustable rockers that you dont have to be exact on push rod length cause the rocker will make up the difference? When i switched to the 1.6 ratio rockers i just reused my stock length push rods, and if i changed cam id likely do the same. just my 2 cents worth :beer:

I can't reuse mine because the adjustable require cups on one end but it is sounding like as long as I find 5/16 shaft size rods with 3/8 inch balls on one end and a cup on the other I can get more generic than I realized. They are not as application specific as I thought they were.

I see that Summit and others sell that style in many, many lengths.

Clay Smith Cams also can make whatever you need in pushrods.

Shelly6":20bx2s1l said:
I can't reuse mine because the adjustable require cups on one end but it is sounding like as long as I find 5/16 shaft size rods with 3/8 inch balls on one end and a cup on the other I can get more generic than I realized. They are not as application specific as I thought they were.

I see that Summit and others sell that style in many, many lengths.
Your rockers do not need oil thru push rods do they ?

62Cometman":ul5nydkq said:
I u... isnt the point of the adjustable rockers that you dont have to be exact on push rod length cause the rocker will make up the difference?...:

...There are multiple posts of pushrod length issues with 250 builds , AFAIK, NO US 250's were equipped OEM with adjustable lifters.

With standard rockers and 'OEM" length 250 pushrods on an uncut D7xx head with @ .045 gasket, RAU made a short set for this engine build to place adjuster in proper lifter orientation. :

have fun

Unless you are going with boost and spinning the engine up over 6K, 5/16" pushrods on hydraulic lifters aren't going to give you any problems. What's the maximum rpm and HP of this engine? Anything less than 300hp I can't imagine the oem pushrods are going to fail. What are your spring pressures? If you're running a log head you're going to run out of air before you even get close to spinning the engine to 6000

Back