Carb Rebuild/Cleaning (200)

I finally got the carb repair kit in the mail for my 200 i6. Would progress shots be something anyone would be interested in? Its the original Motorcraft carb, I have my fingers crossed that this is the right kit (I just doubt a lot of things) but whether or not its needed I really want to do this anyways just to say I can and have.

Though I do have one question, has anyone done this and know how to get off the sensor(?) connected to the hard line facing the front of the bay? When I tried unscrewing it the whole thing would twist, and holding the two parts made it so it wont budge. (That could be due to my own lack of strength though.) I suppose I could try hitting it with some spray lube but I want to make sure I'm trying to get it off right first so I dont just break it. (I'll also search elsewhere for some answers but I like having various sources for suggestions.)

edit: either I suck at finding things online or I cant find a single place actually showing the process to remove these carbs from the engine.

That is your fuel filter.
It is feeding into the needle valve, which should be a replacement part in your kit.
You will be replacing that fuel filter anyways, buy a new one.
Is it broken and rotating on itself?
You can use a big pair of pliers to get a grip on that rim on the housing.

Hi, you should use 2 wrenches on the fuel line, preferably line wrenches, one to hold the filter, and one to remove the fuel line.
Next, hold the adapter on the carb, and turn the filter.
They should not be overtightened.
Good luck

Thank you both. I'll try that again with your advice, maybe find someone who's stronger than me if they are overtightened (or just too tight from sitting for 15 years). Ill keep you all updated

Back