Are leaf shackles the same for Falcon and Ranchero?

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy guys,

My next project here is to replace the shackles and bushings in my 65 Ranchero. I see falconparts.com has them for the Falcon but i wasnt sure if the Ranchero and the Falcon have the same, as the leaf springs are different for the wagon and Ranchero.

Also, how difficult is it to do? I got the idea to support the body,not the rear end, and do both rears at the same time, then do both fronts. Any tips?

Thanks,
Ryan

Rear shackles are the same for the same years, 60-63 is a 2" leaf spring, you should have 2 1/2" springs.

Support the body in the rear and let the rear axle fully drop, then lift the rear end to hold the weight. If your shackles aren't rusted to death they may slip out easily or with a little hammering.

If they are seized in the rubber bushings, It's easier to just saws-all the old ones off, and drive out the bushings.

I think it would go easier if you drop the rear shackles, then remove the front mount bolts/bushings for the rear leafs, replace the front bushings and re-mount, then install the rear shackles.

Ok sweet, thats what i was hoping for.

Ok I'll give that a try instead. Im gonna soak them bolts in PB blaster over night. Hopefully they arent rusted that bad

Thanks man!

Back