1980's Inline Six

Ragman069

I saw a a reman engine for sale locally at a good price. The casting on the log is E0BE-6090-BB. Would this be a good block to use in my '62 Fairlane? The ad says it is a 200 ci. I'm aware of the bellhousing bolt pattern. I also came across a Ford mechanical AOD tranny out of an '85 Mustang GT. My car still has the original 170 ci, Fordomatic 2 speed, and the 3.25 to 1 rear gear. The 170 runs fairly well, but spews a copious amount of blow by . Although no smoke comes from the exhaust, it uses a quart of oil every 300 miles. All cylinders checked out at 150-155 during a recent compression check.20180707_172455-1_resized.jpg

That's a great looking Fairlane, it sounds like your 170 engine needs valve guides and or guide seals. As far as the 1980's reman. 200 six and AOD they would be a great improvement over your 170 and Ford O Matic! This should be a fairly easy bolt in swap but you will need to change the oil pan and oil pick up tube, the parts off your 170 would work. Do you also get the 80's DuraSpark II ignistion with the 200? Good luck on your Fairlane (y) :nod:

1980 is the transition year between the high mount starter and low mount starter.
Verify where the starter is located. The low mount starter block would be easier
to install an AOD transmission by using a SBF bellhousing.

Good Luck.

bump. bump?
any progress?
U buy it?

rocklord":2oqg37qy said:
1980 is the transition year between the high mount starter and low mount starter.
Verify where the starter is located. The low mount starter block would be easier
to install an AOD transmission by using a SBF bellhousing.

Good Luck.

this, and this link tells you how to modify the bell housing to work;

ci/V8Bell.html

Unfortunately, the Craigslist poster for the reman block never replied to my emails, but the AOD tranny is still available.

I likem in a DD. Wuz available B4 the ele ones w/overdrive.
Just a good ol C4 w/OD, not too bad in my book.

Back