Wideband Air/Gas sensor

StarDiero75

1K+
VIP
Supporter 2018
Howdy guys,

Im looking at purchasing a wideband thingy for tuning my cars. All the stuff i work with is carbed and so I'm thinking this would be a good investment.
Im not looking for the top notch one but a decent one that works fairly well and is at least semi easy to use. Any recommendations? I would need the gauge and sensor and all, the whole enchilada.

And also, what kind of numbers should i be pulling with stock internals, cam, etc? I added a Weber 32/36 and the CRT Performance HEI. I know the curve sucks but I gotta deal with it for a while. I would like the swap it out for one of wsa's in the future but thats for future me.

Thanks guys!
Ryan

Ryan, i use an Innovate wide band tester. I use the adapter & just stick it in the tail pipe.
A bung is a better location, but i use it on a variety of vehicles.
When you are ready just send me your HEI & i will recurve it for you, Bill

wsa111":ykoc7dk6 said:
Ryan, i use an Innovate wide band tester. I use the adapter & just stick it in the tail pipe.
A bung is a better location, but i use it on a variety of vehicles.
When you are ready just send me your HEI & i will recurve it for you, Bill
Yeah I'd do the same by just sitting it in the exhaust pipe.
Do you know what model yours is?

Thanks man

I will check on the model & advise.

Ryan, Innovate #3723 LM-1 Kit.
Does not come with the slide in probe. Thats a separate item.

thinkin U could go cheeper than the Inovative with:
a bosch & a summit gauge, weld in bung. (~$125)

Be a cautious buyer cause your A/F @ WOT if too lean could destroy your engine.
Best HP 12.8-13.1 but 12.5 + is ok.

I also saw this one on summit,

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-4110/

I think i still have to buy the exhaust pipe adapter for it. This might be the one i get when i get a little money here unless someone here tells me its crap or advises against it.

I like yours Bill but i cant seem to find it anywhere. Everyone seems to have stopped selling them.

I also saw this one on summit,
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/avm-30-4110/
I think i still have to buy the exhaust pipe adapter for it. This might be the one i get when i get a little money here unless someone here tells me its crap or advises against it.

Good working standard gauge - ( Summit kit does come with a weld-on bung )

An AFR guage will keep you confident of the spark&fuel equation and help tune from lean or rich conditions. With forced induction setups, I wouldn't drive it out of the barn without an AFR gauge ...

have fun

Back