chad

5K+
VIP
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
Can any 1 help me ID what yrs had the perminent lift plate on the i6 motors.
I never remember seeing them on the vehicles back in the day but I have seen
several here in some of the engine pic.
I see the
frnt fairly straight up one.
and
the U shaped rear one
occasionally. Contacting owners I asked for a template so I could make at home, but any
info can B used to go forward w/my research.
BTW: thnx for the frnt bench seat I found thru members here. May 'get there' w/continued
contact on this 1 too. Thnx!

Howdy Chad:

I don't know the exact year they were added, but my guess is late seventies. Like most items FoMoCo, trying to pin down the exact date they appeared is iffy. They are not permanent. They are bolted on and the first thing I remove to reduce weight. They are handy for lifting the block.

I hope that helps you.

Adios, David

"...I hope that helps you...."
yes, that does, & so quickly.

A bit more all ways helps, but far to go in duplicating/sourcing...
"...handy for lifting..."
yes, 50% of my need right now (actually 6 - 9 mo away).

"...guess is late seventies..."
Thank you!

either would be G R E A T Walt.
I burned some plate - free hand & frm memory of what I'd seen in pic here on our site.
Not pretty.
If you'd like - PM or f/u on my personal e-mail (that'd B best for me) that's in my below sig or:

chrlsful@aol.com

& we could negotiate a price, S&H, addresses, etc.
I like keepin that stuff offa the boards as I C this is for a different purpose
Don't like 2 C it when others do either, wanna follow policy/my own feelings RE: this...

Funny to come up w/this now - I guess 'third times a charm"?!?

the rear engine lift strap also doubles as the pivot bracket for the automatic tranny kickdown rod from the carb on the six so all automatics should have one?.

(if photobucks allows:)

front

rear

w/auto kickdown

have fun

it looks like U need that (almost) sheet metal piece too that 'wraps' the exh. manifold (pic 4, Post #6) is mounted by same 2 bolts as this 'rear' motor 'strap'. (Again, late 70s early 80s I'd imagine?)

I all ways wondered what that was for (sheet metal piece). Never seen em w/the 'rod' threaded thru. That goes to the carb (to right) and kick dwn to the left? WoW, that's alot of distance...(some day the bronk may have the C4 I got on the floor go on). I'd like the 'rod' & 'sheet' metal pieces too. Wasn't aware of the need for the 'rear' motor lift in all that (as 1 of 5 or 6 kick dwn pieces).

So glad 2 have U along. Urs is one of the most extensive pic collections ever! When I 1st go on our site I pretty much would spend a day (well, 1/4 - 1/2 day) spinning thru ur 'album'. Very helpful.

fast64ranchero":210rdx2b said:
I'm pretty sure I have a set. Do you want to barrow a set, or just a paper template or?
Walt
bump, bump?
Any more Walter?
:unsure:

I have a set that i recently used. Mine came off of a 1981 engine. I'll try to remember to outline and load up a picture tonight when i get home.

Thnx Jay !!!
If U could...don't for get thickness too.

bump, bump ?
Jay & Walt?
"...May 'get there' w/continued contact on this 1 too..." ?
Santa's not stoppin @ my house?

bump, bump ?
Jay & Walt?
"...May 'get there' w/continued contact on this 1 too..." ?
Santa missed me this yr.
:x

Back