Merry Christmas! Need help

falcon_master

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope it's great for all. Been chilly here in Colorado working on the falcon. Shes now pulling 17 inches vacuum at idle and sounds mean. Starts first crank watch the videos to see what I mean. But of course I still have a flurry of issues. One I got the blower motor working and with the heater on it blows like white smoke with no smell. Steam maybe from a heater core leak. Would this one from summit fit my falcon
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sgt- ... /make/ford

Also I need to wire my tach and other running problems. There is some really loud bearing noise from transmission should I be concerned.

Falcon cold start
https://youtu.be/Nk-7y8fEWbE

Falcon night idle
https://youtu.be/lEIK7fK-fws

"...Would this one from summit fit ..."
ck the 'compatibility" button for yr/mk/model. But!...
1st make sure the system is totally air free. Bleed that system (just like U did w/the breaks - totally). Seek out leaks (when warm they should show up to the diligently observant).

Duz blower wrk? Duz the lill door open (L & R?).

Duz dash knob open the heater control valve (or just bend the wire inside the sheath ? Open gently (w/o breakin) by hand if needed - they'll B crap if sitting all the X U said urs was.

More rats nests in da heater ducts?

All ways ck the cheepest, easiest stuff 1st. You can end up replacin the whole car & still not go directly at the real problem (when young/inexperienced I sure did...

Good Luck, Merry Merry right back adja kid! (y)

I have a bearing noise too from my tranny. I just roll with it. If its there at idle when in neutral then its probably the input shaft bearing. I know mine can be loud, other days its quiet. It makes no sense

"... It makes no sense..."
could it B as simple as the lill wire bail @ end of this?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    81 bytes · Views: 45
  • image.png
    image.png
    81 bytes · Views: 45
  • 3932_clutch_fork.jpg
    3932_clutch_fork.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 3932_clutch_fork.jpg
    3932_clutch_fork.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 45
Have two question for you.
1 Did you ever pull the trans and replace the release bearing and or other clutch related parts?? I know you had discussed it but don't know if it ever happened.
2 Are you using antifreeze in your cooling system?
If you are using antifreeze it has a rather distinct smell (very sweet) which you could probably tell if the core is leaking. Might want to be sure the hose clamps on the core are snug. It could be leaking from the end of the hose onto the back side of the core. If you didn't replace the hoses they may have small cracks in the end causing a leak.

GL
Terry

196158A":2u6ejcji said:
2 Are you using antifreeze in your cooling system?
If you are using antifreeze it has a rather distinct smell (very sweet) which you could probably tell if the core is leaking. Might want to be sure the hose clamps on the core are snug. It could be leaking from the end of the hose onto the back side of the core. If you didn't replace the hoses they may have small cracks in the end causing a leak.

GL
Terry

X2, That just happened to me, thought it was going to need a heater core and it was just loose clamps.

Hi, a common bearing problem is the throw out bearing. Usually a bad throw out squeals when you are pushing down the clutch pedal. Sometimes you can feel something wrong in the clutch pedal.
If the trouble is not the throw out bearing it is probably in the tranny.
When you get the tranny out you have to put it in gear and turn the input shaft and feel for smoothness and free play.
Good luck

Back