250 Inline Header Fit

Looking for information on Clifford performance headers. I bought one of the long tube headers that is supposed to fit a 250. I have a 250 with C4 that started life in a 79 Granada. Notes say that you may need a mini starter for clearance. Problem I am having is that the front collector pipe actually overlaps the flywheel / bellhousing by an inch or so. Would require major cutting and welding to make it work.

I would go back to them and cite their list of "approved vehicles" for this model exh.
If they say "We do not guarantee it to fit that Y/M/M then go to wrk. We can guide U if wanted…1st I'll say
"pic really help in the process" (as we R not in ur shop).

I can cite some starters & use of BFH, cut wheel etc if needed.

front collector pipe actually overlaps the flywheel / bellhousing by an inch or so. Would require major cutting and welding to make it work.

Probably only fit HIGH mount starter position 200's. Can't rely on parts application charts for the high-deck/low starter 250's typically. Maverick 250 application Hooker #6602 are only specific fit i've found.

250 with 6602's. 6601's aside, Note 1 - 2 -3 tubes are further forward for 250.

TWOKOOKERS1_WEB.jpg

starter:

mini

haev fun

I did not know that Clifford sold a long tube header. Is there any indication on the header as to the manufacturer name?

bmbm40":2g0md06c said:
I did not know that Clifford sold a long tube header. Is there any indication on the header as to the manufacturer name?
Maybe long tube was the wrong wording. They have the Bronco 'shorty' header and the then the standard header with longer pipes.

Problem is they show usage on both headers for the 250. As some of the other replies have mentioned these headers are designed for high mount starters. As far as I can tell, all 250 I6 are low mount.

powerband":3vghwg4b said:
front collector pipe actually overlaps the flywheel / bellhousing by an inch or so. Would require major cutting and welding to make it work.

Probably only fit HIGH mount starter position 200's. Can't rely on parts application charts for the high-deck/low starter 250's typically. Maverick 250 application Hooker #6602 are only specific fit i've found.

250 with 6602's. 6601's aside, Note 1 - 2 -3 tubes are further forward for 250.

TWOKOOKERS1_WEB.jpg

starter:

mini

haev fun

Thanks for the info. Just found a 6602 and ordered it.

the pic powerband has R correct.
I would ck w/Headman for their official fitment with the specific part #U have.
This will give U some good info.
Utlimatly, U must go w/what is presented to U in ur individual case. We have cut & repositioned
individual flanges and pipes, made frm skratch, used a BFH & other work-a-rounds but if possible
going to the co. 1st can assist.

Rumor has it that H. H. no longer makes the long tube for our app.

Finally, many of us have had great luck w/Matt at VI (he was w/Arvinrod or some exh. co B4 opening the i6/Falcon store) or "Speed Daddy" at flee-bay (all shorties - good 4 HP, the long tube is 4 tq). They seem identical. I would make do w/what's there. Again, if needed we can search for the 2 or 3 starters recommended.

Call them and verify availability before you pay. I called them and was told they do not have it in stock several weeks ago.

Back