250 Motor Mounts

Good evening all, It's me again. I have the 250 swapped '66 mustang, but the motor mounts are for a 200. I know the 250 mounts for a 69/70 mustang are virtually impossible to find, but will '70 Maverick motor mounts work for my application? The mounting holes to the frame look similar, if not identical, and it looks like they will sit wider than the 200 mounts.

No one seems to know the answer to that question.

The Falcon Handbook states that when dropping a 250 into a roundbody, Maverick mounts work but the holes in the frame need to be redrilled.

I have combed the net looking for info on a 250 swap into a 65-67 Mustang have have not found anyone who addressed mounts.

Im doing a 200 to 250 in my 67 Mustang and also need mounts.

Keep us posted and if I find any answers I will share as well.

paulstegall":233l6jz2 said:
Good evening all, It's me again. I have the 250 swapped '66 mustang, but the motor mounts are for a 200. I know the 250 mounts for a 69/70 mustang are virtually impossible to find, but will '70 Maverick motor mounts work for my application? The mounting holes to the frame look similar, if not identical, and it looks like they will sit wider than the 200 mounts.

:D 250 swaps and the mounts to use or how to do mods to the 170 / 200 mounts ect. all of them have been discussed on this site many times over the years! :shock: There are numerous ways to do the 250 engine swaps, by using the above site search function you should be able to find them as well as much more info. But to get you started here is one link (see below) that covers most of the ways used to swap a 250 into the early Falcons, Comets, and the 1965 & 66 Mustangs and in that link is also other links on how to do the later model Fords, Mercurys, & Mustangs, from 1967 and up. Good luck (y) :nod:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=76558&p=589301&hilit=1969+mustang+250+mounts#p589301

Also, sometimes the search function is hard to use, to many results and to many off topic responses.

Its difficult to sort through hundreds or thousands of replies looking for that tidbit of information you seek.

Sometimes google is easier and faster.

Sometimes its easier and faster to just ask the guy who already knows.

I am still working on putting the 250 into my 66 Mustang but here is what I know. If you use the OE 66 I-6 perches (the part that attaches to the frame), you will find that the bolts in the OE 66 I-6 style engine mounts (the parts that attach to the engine) are a little too far apart to get into the perch holes. You can either modify the perches by making the holes larger or modify the mount by relocating the bolt that is welded to the mount.

You will also find that using the OE perches and OE style mounts leave the top of the engine pretty high - too high to use the stock hood on the Mustang. It is possible to lower the engine enough to use the stock hood and still clear the suspension and cross member by modifying the mounts so that the piece of the mount that attaches to the perch is between the two bolts that attach the mount to the engine rather than under these bolts. You'll have to do cutting and welding to alter them. Additionally, a low profile air cleaner is needed. If you want a stock appearance, I have found that those from 69-73 250 Mustangs, Mavericks or Comets work. They pop up on eBay from time to time.

There are numerous other ways to approach the issue and there are other threads on the forum that address it as well.

bronk hood is also pretty low.
"Late 70s Mav" (mounts'n towers) and "slot'em" (egg out, elongate vertucally) was the drum beat as I got mine together.
I have 4 or 6 "raise the hood" wrk-arounds for 60s/70s ford low hood issues - but that's not what's asked (frm my reading of it anyway).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Georgia200":10vnucr1 said:
Also, sometimes the search function is hard to use, to many results and to many off topic responses.

Its difficult to sort through hundreds or thousands of replies looking for that tidbit of information you seek.

Sometimes google is easier and faster.

Sometimes its easier and faster to just ask the guy who already knows.

:D well that's great if that works for you! I really try hard not to use google for a number of reasons like tracking, targeting, and selling of info, etc. my choice for searches is duck duck go. Good luck in your hunt for info. (y) :nod:

Some places I used to find rarer or obsolete parts were old established Ford dealers (they sometimes have NOS parts still setting on their shelves) and Antque Ford parts dealers they often would buy up the old dealer stock. Something that would be of help in your search would be to find out the Ford part number for the parts. There is a guy on the Ford Truck site that might be able to help you with that his name is the "Number Dummy" a retired Ford parts man and has the old parts catalogs. Then you could also build some custom hot rod style mounts too this is how I did it for older cars and trucks that never came with the engine Trans combo I was swapping in. Good luck (y) :nod:

Bill, Numbers Dummy: ford-truck enthusiast/FTE or:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1555 ... sions.html

scroll dwn to the post w/the basset hound avatar. He will gladly accept a PM frm U on non-truck inquiries. He will post back NOS (as bubs sez - back-shelf, old'n dusty, long forgotten) parts that may & may not still B there. U can sign on the site 4 PM back or go some other route.

bottom pic below is 1/2 a mav setup top is a whole stang. 2nd is 4 a 250/4.2L.

Nother guy on there coup-boy (use search or go 2 300/4.9 forum) has mounts'n towers but I'd look @ the above threads 1st.
One thing might B 2use 2 names for the seperate prts: mounts (engine side) & towers (frame side) but can't tell...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 206
  • image.png
    image.png
    8 KB · Views: 206
The isolator p/n is C9ZZ-6038-C. There is also an A and B, I think those work as well as long as you have a matched set.

The convertibles 250 sat 1/2in lower to clear the frame rail connectors.

I think a 67 225 Dart or 75 Granada 250 isolator will work with slight modifications.

I bought (paid way to much) frame brackets and the correct engine brackets for a Mustang 250 off ebay. All I need now are the isolators.

I also need to get my crank pulley rebuilt. I have both pieces but the rubber is long gone.

I have had the head soaking in vinegar for three days, its ready to come out. So I have plenty to do.

Chad your top pic is for a 200 Mustang. 250 Mustangs have a 3 bolt engine bracket.

I think the Maverick isolator will work if one of the holes is redrilled in the bracket.

"Chad your top pic is for a 200 Mustang...."
sure is (known as "early stang") 250 came out in '69
-2 holes vertical

"...250 Mustangs have a 3 bolt engine bracket..."
Not mine (same as ur "M" head)
-2 holes horizontal

Here is my collection so far:

The frame mounts are late 69 for a 250, they have a C9 p/n.

The 2 bolt engine brackets are for a 250 and they bolt to the Maverick isolators that are still available.

The 3 bolt engine brackets are correct for a 69/70 250 Mustang but the isolators are not available.

Im going to use the frame brackets, 2 bolt engine bracket and Maverick isolators in my 67 coupe.

As to the OP, I think the 70 Maverick mounts are the best option for you. The 65/66 Mustang is more closely alike frame wise to the 70 Maverick than the 69/70 Mustang. You will need the 2 bolt 250 brackets and isolators like Im useing or you can use the 200 engine brackets if you elongate the mounting holes.

I guess the 3 bolt brackets will go in the parts bin to be used someday on something. It is unlikely the isolators will ever be reproduced.

ones frnt R & L are the "late 70s Mav" I'll B usin( I believe I will) - a few mo to go yet...
Most in the back I dont know (like the 1 that matches the L rear, in the frnt).

The front L&R are for a 250. I believe the 200 mounts look similar but the mounting holes in the block are closer, but Im not 100% sure on that.

When I pull my 200, I will compare the brackets.

Here's what the 69 Mustang 250 Mounts look like. The part numbers start with C9.
The insulators have offset bolts that go into the chassis mounts.

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 69 Mustang 250 Mounts 01.jpg
    69 Mustang 250 Mounts 01.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 147
  • 69 Mustang 250 Mounts 02.jpg
    69 Mustang 250 Mounts 02.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 69 Mustang 250 Mounts 03.jpg
    69 Mustang 250 Mounts 03.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 69 Insulators 01.jpg
    69 Insulators 01.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 147
boy, those 1s R really weird. Looks like 2 piece frame side. Big long motor mount/no rubber.
'69 stang 250 mounts'n towers, OK Rocky! (yeah "C9xxx" fo sho ah).
It's all ways very, very nice 2 C what's supposed 2B there for when U try'n make up sompin that's an adaptation of/to it. I never had these specific 1s pointed out 2 me so very much appreciate it!

I think both Matt'n NAPA have the 1s in the 1st pic (I got 1 set's bigger than the other & 4got who gave me which).

I need to LOWER the 250 in my bronk (170 & bent8s oem). But not hit the D44 frnt chunk (4WD).
I got the "late Mav." They're riveted together factory, 1 (Right? Left?) longer than the other...Will try'em in April...

Just ordered out (TX) a '69 250 2shive H2O pump pulley (NOS $75). NumberDummy gave me the contact "NOS Parts Ltd, inc" 2020 Shields Pkwy, Waxahachie, TX 75165

Will keep goin,

Thnx 4 da pic, I LUB me some PIC

Back