HSC crank damper

gumby23

I will need to address the Front Engine Accessory Drive(FEAD) on my 200 to get important things in places that function well with my configuration. All options are on the table at this time up to and including building my own custom brackets for A/C and alternator. I would like to use an Electric Power Assisted Steering(EPAS) column to ditch the hydraulic pump.

With a small bit of knowledge gleaned from this site on some level of parts interchange between the small six and the 2.3HSC, I wonder if anyone has tried using the HSC damper pulley to convert to a serpentine FEAD?

I've been waiting to hear responses on this as I am curious as well. The dimension look close enough to try a test fit. They can be had for about $60 through rock auto.

The biggest dimensional difference is the snout is few thou larger in dia but seems like it would still fit through the seal.

Question is, is it appropriate for the longer crank and 2 extra cylinders... I have no idea.

I'd like to know as well. But I think if it was plausible we'd probably already know. But maybe not. It'd be great to have a 2.3 and a 2.5 laying around so I could find out. I'm sure someone's looked into it and will chimb in.

Back