Need to connect 5/16" steel line to a 3/8" NPT Fuel Regulator.

krico123

Need to connect 5/16" steel line to a 3/8" NPT Fuel Regulator.
I want to connect the steel fuel line to the regulator without putting a hose in-between. I would like to put a flare on the steel lines with a pipe nut on the pipe.
The regulator does not have any pipe/flare connection. (see attached pics) So I need a 3/8" NPT (regulator side) to 5/16" female pipe connection that will handle flare.
I believe that the 3/8 NPT to the regulator needs an o-ring.

This is a carburetor system so low fuel pressure around 7psi.

I am just confused of what adapters to use to make this happen. I have searched the internet and performance parts sites... just confused on what to use.

Thanks,
K

Attachments

• IMG_20190203_181901.jpg
    IMG_20190203_181901.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 39
not sure what's going on here. I'd hafta have it in hand to understand. Anyway:

make sure the orig supplier knows ur delima - they prob have a work around as prt of their job/the sale.

If U live in the middle of nowhere U can keep searchin the net, I'd rather take it to a local supplier (automotive, hardwear, garage, plumber, etc). But I live in a rural, semi suburban area & have a network here (buds'n competitors).

If it has threads Y not get a reducer or use 2 fittings?

Any good parts house will have 5/16" brass inverted flare fittings to match the pipe threads in the regulator.
DSCN0009%20Small_zpsynxgntfp.jpg

Find someone with a tubing bender & an inverted flare kit.

What Bill said about finding the fitting, it's common and borrowing a GOOD flare tool, not some parts house type pos. I found a like new Rigid inverted flare set for $90 and it was a great investment. A bad flare tool will just add frustration. On the other hand you can find a decent tubing bender for 3/16, 5/16 and 3/8" brake/fuel line for $25-40 new.

many prts houses lend...

Back