Oil Leaks from Too Much Crankcase Pressure

wsa111

Distributor Recurving.
Staff member
VIP
Approved Vendor
Supporter 2018
If you are or have had oil leakage after full throttle bursts due to too much crankcase pressure, i found the solution.
I previously had a Scott Drake repo valve cover breather & was getting oil seepage from valve cover areas & have heard of oil seeping into the distributor on non DS11 distributors from other owners.
I installed a Spectre breather 4282 on the oil fill tube.
Since then no problems from excessive crankcase pressure.
DSC_0946_zpssp60zwxs.jpg

DSC_0947_zpsfpwpu7j4.jpg

Thanks for this!

I have had these above ailments and was wondering exactly what to do about it. I was able to order this part from my local parts supplier.

Cheers,

CC

Interesting. I wonder if this has been my issue all along. I still plan on running a leakdown test at some point here, but I'll order one of these bad boys in the mean time. Thanks for the tip!

I have lots of vacuum. And when I take my Falcon on the Highway oil comes out of the oil dip stick . Could this be the same thing ?

I'd say -or- pcv circuit issues, over filled crankcase

falconcritter":2kyyd61b said:
I have lots of vacuum. And when I take my Falcon on the Highway oil comes out of the oil dip stick . Could this be the same thing ?
The PCV has no affect at WOT.
If oil level is right on, then crankcase pressure is the factor.
Install an '0' ring in the cup on your dipstick. That may help that condition.
The 1 1/2" oil fill tube area is cut by 75% by some of these breather caps.
The spectre area is the same as the oil fill tube, thus no back pressure.

So is this just a big filter to provide lots of free flow in either direction with no check valves depending upon the needs of the engine at any given time?

I like the looks of it.

Lazy JW":1jjx1o75 said:
So is this just a big filter to provide lots of free flow in either direction with no check valves depending upon the needs of the engine at any given time?

I like the looks of it.
Joe, yes its full flow both ways. Plus air entering is filtered.

wsa111":vszedggv said:
Lazy JW":vszedggv said:

I like the looks of it.
Joe, yes its full flow both ways. Plus air entering is filtered.

Back