200 pre-crossflow advice

Hey guys looking for a bit of help/advice, I have a 75 TC Cortina with a 200 pre crossflow all original hooked upto a 3speed single rail and it's a bit sluggish so looking at getting a bit more power but I want to keep the motor as it has matching numbers
If you could give me some guidance would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

Depending on what you want to do to keep it original. If the tranny aint important, a T5 will do you well and keep your engine stock.

If you want to keep the tranny, you'll probably need to do a bit of head work like porting, milling, maybe larger 1.75" and 1.5" valves, intake and exhaust respectively. Headers will help. A better cam will help. It all depends on how much you want to do.

If frm Down Under or drivin such a vehicle:

https://fordsix.com/viewforum.php?f=3

is a form populated by Oz dwellers. They may have alot more specific info for ya like
solutions/parts specific 2 ur end o'da worl.

We won't kick ya oudda here tho.
W E L C O M E !!! to the forum either way.
Enjoy the site wherever U go here!
(y)
Cheers!

the post 1971 aust 200ci and 250 ci were the same blocks -same bore and height . just different cranks , rods and pistons .

buy a 250 engine and transfer the crank +rods and re bore/hone it for some new 250 ci pistons- or hone and reuse the 250 pistons s if no ring ridge.
add better ignition

extractors
and any of these steps -or all off them depending how deep your pockets

add a cam from crow cams for the 250/200

add a 2v head

add a ADM weber

voila 25 % capacity increase with existing matching 200 ci engine bock . no body the wiser (ie rego authorities) - DMV in usa speak

or do the same but retaining 200ci capacity.

gb500":1rbr8y84 said:
no body the wiser (ie rego authorities) - DMV in usa speak
Boy, they must B as bad as the German?
Wonder when it'll get this bad here (USA).

I C Cali has some pretty stringent stuff (car off the rd for a decade?
U gotta pay back fees for pollution charges'n stuff? "Joe, say it aint so.") Is
that true? Or what is it about (these extra charges even while not running)?
U must pay them to get a used car shipped out to...let's say Ohio...?

Thanks for the ideas, what's involved in the T5 conversion? What would be the best car to source one from?

I also have a 250 crossflow with an iron head, so could I take the internals out and put them in the 200? What about the head? Will the crossflow head fit? Could I track down a 2v head and make that work??

Back