200 six setup and sourcing

falcon_master

Hey everyone. So I plan on during the summer as I work and get money doing a few upgrades. I haven’t fully decided all of them I know AC is definitely one but I only can get so much money and idk wether to do engine or transmission swap first. I plan on eventually doing a T5 swap and a 200 swap but can’t do both at the same time. Which do I go for first? And as for the 200 I’m looking for a 66+ so it’ll bolt to my 2.77 until I get a T5. I was thinking 68+ is better since those have mechanical advance as well. Also I wanted your all opinions on AC should I get underdash like OE style or get and intergrated unit that has air recirculate mode and dehumidifier/Defog mode is this worth the extra cost or not needed. Thanks everybody

So i recommend the 200 first, soley b/c I'll drop right in, and is litterally the easiest of the 2.

66+ is good b/c they're dual drilled, 8.5" bell and 9" bell. So yes you're 2.77 will work. And it gives you the option when you go T5 if yoy want to keep the 2.77 bell/clutch assembly or move up to the 9" stuff. I recommend the latter. Just make sure to use a 67' bell, the 66 bell is special and rare.

Doesn't matter if its 68+ b/c you can put any dizzy in any 200 65+. Just gotta have the correct carb/dizzy combo if you're running the LOM/SCV stuff.

Also try to find a 77+ head too. It'd be best to change the head while its out of the car and doesn't have coolant in it. Plus it makes it easier in general to swap. The head will have the largest intake volume and intake valve stock produced by Ford for it. That would be a good time too to up the exhaust valve to 1.5.

I don't know much of AC so cant comment there other than it kills HP.

Good luck,
Ryan

I personally would cont driving, carefully dissasemble'n measure the 200 (having space, a bench'n stand) then take the prts to the shop 4 cleaning'n machining, head reassembly, paint, etc). They will order whats needed along w/ur guidance on what U want/U supply. I would cont to look 4 a T5 as U go along till having the $. It would B nice to do both at once but time'n budget may not allow (I wuz lucky it all took so long). I'd only B concerned abt getting a '65+ block to do the DSII ingit. However w/motor @ shop they could broach out an earlier (64'n down) motor…

In ur area there R lotta motors (compaired 2 here) use local yards, car-parts dot com, CL, fleeBay…
CC the head so U can inform the machinist ur wish, 'zero deck' the block?, give them cam specs, valve spring'n sz, C.R. & octane 2B used.

Back