250 Oil Pans are now available!

I put ina call to the company…
I got the crazyest call-back that this was a rear sump pan. I understood there was no rear sump 250s ever made (rear 200 in the 80s).

Melvins, is a great company to business with.
When i was restoring my 67 Mustang i purchased many parts from them.

"...call-back that this was a rear sump pan…"
No such thing, no?

"...no rear sump 250s ever made (rear 200 in the 80s)…."

chad":2syb5hr8 said:
No such thing, no?

"...no rear sump 250s ever made (rear 200 in the 80s)…."
I think that who ever contacted you simply does not know the front from the back and how it mount on our engines.

From the photo, the larger sealing for the rear main looks like it is in the rear. Th drain plug is on the drivers side.
I believe it is a front sump.
I know the owners personally & when they get one in stock i will get a phone call next week.
I will let you know.
Has anyone checked Mustangs Unlimited or Virginia Mustang to verify this??

JackFish":347qmuvv said:
What about the Granadas and Monarchs?
They had 250's - did they have rear sumps?

The Granda and Monarch chassis was based on the Fairlane chassis design.and used a front sump oil pan. There weren't any rear sump oil pans made for a 250, since no 250 engines were ever installed into the later Fox chassis cars. So if you want or need a rear sump 250 oil pan you have cut up a front sump pan to mod it into a rear sump pan.. Good luck (y) :nod:

wsa111":1a2jkem9 said:
From the photo, the larger sealing for the rear main looks like it is in the rear. Th drain plug is on the drivers side.
No Bill, I spoke w/the parts person (young lady) who said she'd double ck w/boss. Got a

We know frm on-line purchases that suppliers often use any pic they got to make a site display (some R kind enuff to say: "Pic
is 4 representation purposes only"). bI would not depend on a pic - thay's Y the tel call…

I'll assume its as listed a '70 - 77 frnt sump 250 pan as none were made oe with a rear sump (what i need) 250…
:nod:

chad":3q1770xz said:
wsa111":3q1770xz said:
No Bill, I spoke w/the parts person (young lady) who said she'd double ck w/boss. Got a

We know frm on-line purchases that suppliers often use any pic they got to make a site display (some R kind enuff to say: "Pic
is 4 representation purposes only"). bI would not depend on a pic - thay's Y the tel call…

I'll assume its as listed a '70 - 77 frnt sump 250 pan as none were made oe with a rear sump (what i need) 250…
:nod:
They will have one in stock next week. Since i know them personally i will get the real story.

yer in i6 country now -
car part dot com

The sump has to be in the front because the oil pump is there ...It can be full length , front and rear sump, but it cannot be rear only.
I remember this because I had to pound out the front of the pan to get the modded 250 pump to fit my 200.

Man, that price is kinda high. I get they are the first ones and all but...that's about how much an entire 250 engine can be had for.

drag-200stang":22vj3qw5 said:
...It can be full length , front and rear sump, but it cannot be rear only.
I'll probably braze the 170 rear sump lower 3/4 to the 250 'ring'. Not sure yet bout the oil pump's receptical 4 the p/u tube (& screen). They may B of different diamiters so that rear sump p/u'n screen may not wrk. I've heard some "just bend it" (the 250's) so as to create the rear sump 250. I don't trust that (till I get there'n try a lill heat/bend tool).

Any 1 know about the diamiters of the different pick up tubes?( ie 170 vs 250?)

wsa111":xyssqbkp said:
They will have one in stock next week. Since i know them personally i will get the real story.
bump, bump ?
Is it nxt wk yet?

I never heard from them. Melvins Classic Ford Parts 770-761-6800

"...I spoke w/the parts person (young lady) who said she'd double ck w/boss. Got a

is 4 representation purposes only"). But I would not depend on a pic - that's Y the tel call…

I'll assume its as listed a '70 - 77 frnt sump 250 pan as none were made oe with a rear sump (what i need) 250…"

Unless...
U know different powerband...?

chad":19dfzxce said:
"...I spoke w/the parts person (young lady) who said she'd double ck w/boss. Got a

is 4 representation purposes only"). But I would not depend on a pic - that's Y the tel call…

I'll assume its as listed a '70 - 77 frnt sump 250 pan as none were made oe with a rear sump (what i need) 250…"

Unless...
U know different powerband...?

I think it's pretty clear it's a regular, "front" sump. The question is whether they are a good fit. Until someone bolts one up and gets back with us this discussion is moot. It's awesome they have been stamped out and are available. It's mind blowing actually, what could the demand possibly be?? There is no aftermarket for 250's. Is there a new oil pan for 144-200's? If so, is it a pos? Seems like if there's a market for anything, it's the 200.

yb.dll

ANI7Qt.jpg

It looks right.

Back