Hooker 6602 on 200ci

Matthew68

Hi Folks,

I picked up a set of Hooker 6602s recently. I was planning to go to a 250 engine, but that's scrapped and I'm keeping the 200. Will the 6602 fit on the 200, and clear the high mount starter? I have a 68 block, original to my 68 mustang. I'd love to check in myself, but the head is off the block and I'm waiting for my head in the next few months, so I don't have one to set on there any mock up.

Any insight is appreciated. I know it will mate to the head, but just checking for clearance. Thanks!

Cheers,
Matthew

Sorry no the Hooker 6602 are designed for a 250 engine which is a taller deck height so the headers mounted to 200 engine will be hanging down much lower. Also because of the starter location being different (low mount on 250, high mount on 200) they probably won't clear. You need the Hooker 6601's which are a perfect fit and usually are much easier to find. Good luck (y) :nod:

::

mounted to 200 engine will be hanging down much lower. Also because of the starter location being different (low mount on 250, high mount on 200) they probably won't clear.

6602's are designed for Maverick dimensions. Definitely would not be good fit on car, not just ground clearance - steering, frame etc would be @ 2" out of place. Bronco maybe ?, probably wouldn't have a hard time turning them over.

haev fun

"...6602's are designed for Maverick dimensions…. Bronco maybe ?,…"
that's a long tube?
bmbm40 lookin 4 one in his bronk?
I could think abt it. I'm in the low price end tho. Or may B a trade (I got the last CI to ship out B4 closing - in SS). o0OP, no, they're a 250 as well.
I'll B out 2 sea in the Caribee 4 the nxt wk tho. Interested none the less...

Well, damn. I paid a pretty penny for them, only because they are hardly ever posted for sale. I’d really prefer to only trade for the 6601. I already have the VI header, so wouldn’t be interested in trading for that.

I forgot about the height issue, let alone all the other components. Looks like I may have pulled the trigger too fast on this one, but hopefully can sort something out.

OK, well let's keep it off the site'n go back channel.
If the long tube hit me up w/ur location, their condition, etc at the email in my sig below.
Sun to sunday I'll B 600 mi out to sea so am not sure if I'll B on-line but there is beddah den heah…
(We don't like to use the forum for this purpose.)

powerband":23yqomt2 said:
::

mounted to 200 engine will be hanging down much lower. Also because of the starter location being different (low mount on 250, high mount on 200) they probably won't clear.

6602's are designed for Maverick dimensions. Definitely would not be good fit on car, not just ground clearance - steering, frame etc would be @ 2" out of place. Bronco maybe ?, probably wouldn't have a hard time turning them over.

haev fun

According to the original 6602 paperwork, it will fit the Mustang, Maverick, Cougar, and Comet. It does mention that the headers may be close to some chassis or body components, but that will fit. While I’m probably off too much with the 200, looks like it should be a good fit for the aforementioned vehicles with a 250.

BDF70A4C-5E6E-4336-97A0-316F9C9BD841.jpeg

Before selling them there is no harm in seeing if they will work on your car.

Its not like you can find another set next week.

Dont be in a big hurry to let these go.

back again but puter is busted...
Shyed off?

I just bought a 6601 for the 200ci. I am in need of the 6602 for my 250. They will be blasted and coated. Wanna do a trade? Can send you pictures.

Llink78":33cbn2ey said:
I just bought a 6601 for the 200ci. I am in need of the 6602 for my 250. They will be blasted and coated. Wanna do a trade? Can send you pictures.
Sorry, as is the tradition I have right of 1st refusal in this instance...
:eek:opsie:

i wondered Y U did not respond to my requests...
What happened Matthew?

chad":1amo0456 said:
i wondered Y U did not respond to my requests...
What happened Matthew?

Sorry, you said you were out on a cruise. Posted them in the for sale section and made a trade.

ah, OK, musta not wanted to f/u as requested w/email, PM etc.
No worries.

One thing for consideration, it may seem a lill regressive but...
there is a kinda 1st come/1st serve ethic.
The 1st fella interested said he'd back out - I said I was interested it'd B a wk

The old story, cash talks, BS walks. First one with the money.

spoken like a true business man, Bill

Chad, another option is at least send a decent deposit for the seller to hold the item till you can arrange full payment.

thnx for all the info.
Again, it's All Good
on my end…
(any1 C all caps, exclemation points, doz PMs in yer in bx?)
8^0

Now -
still gotta unused CI (last 1 shipped - by Does 10s) SS header to trade for some long tubes…
:D

Back