header gasket

1965Pony6

Hello folks, I have had a Vintage Inline header on my modified 200 cu in six for about a year. Recently had it blow out (it was a fiber gasket) I am about to install a replacement (ordered from Vintage Inlines) I was wondering if there are other better Gaskets out there and where they may be purchased. :help:

Matt has 2. (a silver'n a grey)...
Ask for the 'better one'.

Replace gently - ie inspect where it failed...
the 1 reason I use the 'port divider' ($15/20'n some welding/a lot hand wrk) is to support the area (unsupported when using the header rather than the ol oem "exhibit. manifold") under the '3' and '4' tubes...

Also - header mod just like exhaust manifold wrk needs tightening @ 2 - 3 period f/u to initial install. Heat cycles loosen and must B delt w/for several hrs/hund mi til well 'bedded'...

Let us know if needing more info on these procedures!

I've heard that.
Know the crush?

Thnx,

thnx 4 link Marco.
I miss-read as "head" gasket (ie crush import).

Here's a link for that:
http://catalog.remflex.com/product_p/3061.htm
Still no 'crush info'. Sez 'use same sz head / header bolts'.
Wondering if there's more or less crush.
Also
on header gasket: is there a need to use the recommended re tq proceedures (or head 4 that matter). They say it "does not shrink". Still -
metal sure changes w/heat...
Nice price for the head: $48, I thought they'd B twice that.
(y)

Remflex is 1/8" thick and will crush to 1/16" they sell two different gaskets for our small six, one for header and one for iron manifold the exh ports are smaller on one of them.
Walt

I'd (personally) put a tq wrench onem after a few cycles. The
metal's gunna do its thing under that heat (head or header).

Sez crush is 50% dwn to 1/16 frm an eighth. Wont burn out. Tolerates 3000*. I'm still behind them (esp now I C they R 1/2 the cost I thought).
"No re-tq needed" "Fills flange surface gaps of 1/16 inch"

I installed the Vintage Inlines gasket with copper coat sprayed on it. It has been satisfactory so far,having made it thru the Goodguys weekend and subsequent shows. I will endeavor to acquire one of the Remflex header gaskets for future use. This engine has 1980 Granada Cylinder head installed with a Holley 350 CFM carb adapted to it, it still has a stumble on initial acceleration. I have installed a 50cc pump on the carb, changed the accelerator pump cam, and tried a number of different injectors in the carburetor, but the stumble still persist. This stumble sometimes includes the engine stalling, it immediately restarts, but given the fact this is my wifes car she does not feel comfortable driving it. Any ideas would be helpful, :thanks:

1965Pony6":1flysrlj said:
This engine has 1980 Granada Cylinder head installed with a Holley 350 CFM carb adapted to it, it still has a stumble on initial acceleration. I have installed a 50cc pump on the carb, changed the accelerator pump cam, and tried a number of different injectors in the carburetor, but the stumble still persist. This stumble sometimes includes the engine stalling, it immediately restarts, but given the fact this is my wifes car she does not feel comfortable driving it. Any ideas would be helpful, :thanks:
First let start by getting some info on your engine. Ignition, compression ratio & where did you purchase the 350 7448 Holley?
Please start a new topic on all of the above. I can help you. Bill

1965Pony6":2dovli2m said:
Any ideas would be helpful, :thanks:
"...Please start a new topic ..."
Yeah bro, luv ta help.

Start a thread w/a good descriptive name on subject line...
list details out (vehicle'n carb, etc) plus specific problem.
We can all 'have at it".
Better success 4 U that way.

65Poney6 can have a head gasket thread, U can get some ideas...
:nod:

Back