Autolite 2100 linkage?

notar61

Hello!

I have a 61 Comet that I put a 200 straight six out of 68 mustang into. It has a 2 Speed Fordomatic Transmission.

I want to run an Autolite 2100 on my 200 engine. I have the correct adapter plate for the intake, just need to figure out the throttle linkage.

Has anyone done this before?

I have all the original linkage from the comet. I also have some of the linkage that was on the original Autolite 1100 that came with the 200 engine from the 68 Mustang.

Let me know any thoughts!

I'm about to do this in my 65 Ranchero. You'll need a cable or really good skills at fabbing brackets and linkage. I have a Lokar cable and a cable pedal out of some Ford product but it looks stock.

Good luck

It not that hard to fabricate throttle linkage if you have some basic tools. It's definitely going to be easier with a cable but i'm sure it's doable otherwise. I'd suggest to mount the carb and have a look at it. The 2100's linkage turns CW if you look at it straight on iirc, the stock carbs rotate CCW. The linkage will be on the other side.

If someone has done this, can you post pictures, especially if you did it with the cable setup. I feel like that'd be very helpful

thread search - done here several times over the yrs...

Dang since I got this old 2-speed Fordomatic, I probably can't go the Lokar Throttle Cable route.....on account of having to use/keep the old kickdown linkage to the Fordomatic. Hopefully I can figure something out. Guess I'll keep reading and searching!

nother current thread discusses an oem 2 piece (pined in the middle) plate linkage.
Wonder if it's helpful for this app?
Bolted on log (fire wall end) & hung from carb.

here it is, by
Xctasy,
of course. Not bad 4 a guy offshore (not even HERE to see'em).

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79735

1st post 2nd, 3rd, 4th pic.
I think that's of use in ur app...

The bent cylindrical rod threaded thru (in 1st pic) is hooked to gas pedal/kick dwn I think.
Oem would have that hinged 2 prt plate assembly in pic one - attached to carb.

So both...(in automatics). Not an ex spirt just my guess...
I too seek these 2 parts, just wish I hada name - the search would B easier...
:rolflmao: :rolflmao:

Im on my cell phone, so cannot easily paste and edit.

Search 2016 posts by cr_bobcat and any by jahern, and my 3rd source, my facebook buddy listed on Fordsix as Parkwood60 (any posts will link back to the 24 hrs of LeMonz 79 Fairmont two door racer he pit crewed for). First two both have used the 2100 in either position, turned around to suit. Parkwood60 used the Rochester 2CG. I don't recommend using Parkwoods system/method, but these posters here have shown pictures. Lokar make the best aftermarket system for C4 (and the 1978 to 1983 model year C3 behind the 200 six) kick down or the Ford AOD 4 speed autos akward throttle valve .

same ol story - the expensive is most redily available,
the oem, less expensive, perferred - is hard to source...

Can any one tell me the names of the "plate w/rod"(bolted to back of log w/lift strap);
/OR/
the 2 plate part hinged or pined together throttle linkage ???
Part numbers? (may B X 2 go back to FTE)...
Thnx for the pic X !

I think you're gonna hafta hit up the Mustang forums. You know those guys have a book somewhere with that damned part # :beer:

It's like Ford stamps everything with a #, but they didn't stamp that one. I've looked and looked again.

funny thing is there may B a 'stamped on #" anda different "part (order) #'.
Can U even get the 'plate w/pivot rod' ? I bet the other prt is obtainable...
Wish Mike wuz still wid us... : -(

My 200 is in a 1965 Mustang with a 2100 carb. I simply made an extension of the factory rod that works the carb and made a bellcrank to change up-down movement to side-to-side movement. With the proper ball-end fitting attached to brass welding rods I threaded, it works fine. I'll try to find pictures.

@Charlie Cheap

Man that sounds like a good lead. Thanks for chiming in.

If you can find pictures, I would really like to seem them. Thanks for the help!!!

I have pictures but am unable to get them to post...sorry. Using a strap of aluminum about 1/2" wide by 8" long, I was able to extend the standard linkage to match up with the carb above it. By using ball-end carb linkage pieces purchased at an auto parts store, I threaded some brass welding rod, attached the new ends to the rods, which gave me attaching points for the new linkage. I made a bell-crank (a 90 degree arm that pivots at the juncture of the two arms. This allows the change of up/down motion to side-to-side motion. An aluminum bracket was made to attach to the base of the carb for the bell-crank to attach. This works fine for my purpose and I drove it 2,275 miles to the M6A show in Tennessee. Pictures would make this easier to follow...but I simply can't get mine to post.

Back