Autolite 2100 problems

chad":3j003yhp said:
more'n 1/2 way now.
2100's worth it. :nod:
How ya doin on it's tune now?
I haven't got it on the car yet. that'll probably be next week. The weber currently on the car runs the opposite as it should, lean under power and rich at cruise and idle, plus its gutless. I can't wait ro put the Autolite back on

"...weber currently on the car runs the opposite as it should..."
if the 32/36 & U dump it totally, let me know. I'm a long way
frm mountin it (hafta find what folks do to 'off road-i-size it')
as I need to try this RBS I have 1st.

chad":1zl5e8tz said:
"...weber currently on the car runs the opposite as it should..."
if the 32/36 & U dump it totally, let me know. I'm a long way
frm mountin it (hafta find what folks do to 'off road-i-size it')
as I need to try this RBS I have 1st.
I think my engine is just too much for what the weber is set up for with 200 psi per cylinder. I'll send all the jets i have with it. I'll decide once i have the Autolite on and all ready. My worry is its just a crap carb and I'll need to get another. I also have a Holley 5200 I'd throw in with it for parts and extra jets

Carby is all cleaned out and resurfaced. So the main carb flange was warped, the power valve cover was warped bad, and the accelerator pump was warped a bit. I milled all the surfaces flat and ran a sanding block over the accel pump and power valve covers.

Its all pretty now with everything adjusted and we shall see how it works.

I did notice in comparison to the old crap that came out of it, the power valve was very sticky and stiff compared to the new one. We shall see if all this fixes it. I'll hopefully get it on the car next week sometime

Ryan

Attachments

• 20190510_100606.jpg
    20190510_100606.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Alright guys,

So i got the carb on, no vacuum leaks, or if so, too small to detect. This is bugging me. It still wants to run lean but not under power so much any more, its more cruising.

https://youtu.be/oUBt73EniQ4

Let me know what you all think. Is this too small of a jet, could this be a float height thing or is there something just not right with the carb?

My jets are 50

Thanks guy,
Ryan

Your cruise A/F ratio should be 14.5-14.7. WOT should be 12.8-13.1
Show us a u-tube at each of the above.

wsa111":2ekko7vi said:
Your cruise A/F ratio should be 14.5-14.7. WOT should be 12.8-13.1
Show us a u-tube at each of the above.
I changed out my jets from a 50 to a 54 (only other one i had around) and it richened up a lot and fixed this weird hesitating thing it does where the AF goes over 18.

My cruise now is 12.5-13ish and WOT is 11.9ish.

wsa111":1tqd2qin said:
Too rich, drop down 1-2 jet sizes.
Thats my thought but I'll do that when i get my 2V head on. I get a real bad stumble off idle. I think the carb might be too much for my small log head.

StarDiero75":20nkpatq said:
wsa111":20nkpatq said:
Too rich, drop down 1-2 jet sizes.
Thats my thought but I'll do that when i get my 2V head on. I get a real bad stumble off idle. I think the carb might be too much for my small log head.
That & your distributor.

Back