Potential 200 for falcon

falcon_master

Hello everyone I’m writing today because I think I might have found a viable 200. Last I heard from place it was a 66 casting 200. Supposedly ran when pulled out of car but that was years ago. I believe it’s a 66+ I’m looking for right so that it will bolt up to my 2.77 tranny and except my flywheel and clutch. Also I can install the later bigger dui distributor in these. So what’s your all opinion on it I know I didn’t Give a lot of info but I don’t know much yet either.

I think I need therapy though I know the 144 is to weak for highway or hills or AC but I feel so horrible for ripping the original engine out lol. Idk how people engine swap I feel guilty.

Thanks everyone

assuage yer guilt by placing over in the corner well pickled (seafoam or other products)
ready to B rebuilt in the future.

Would it not B better to wait for a later block so U can add the DSII &top 1or2v carb? Do that w/good modern cam & '77+ head? Machine...
The current motor is OK for ur current travel? U R getting to know the mrkt for these engines...I'd keep goin, but that's just me.
:idea:

The guilt goes away when there's a hole in the block with two rods sticking out.... congrats on the 200 I would of kept mine but said hole brought on the 250.

I know what you mean. My 65 200 in my ranchero was fine, but someone bolted the 9" setup to the back via 1/16" adapter plate. It was cheaper at the point of already replacing the clutch to swap the engine for a later one. Now it sits on the stand all sad.

Id check it out. Make sure it aint frozen. If you really hate the 144s power, I'd try to ground start the 200. Is she runs good with decent compression, slap her in. 66 is the start of the years you'll want to get. Next trick is to find a later model head.

Good luck

Back