Engine wiring ideas

falcon_master

Hello everyone I’m writing today to get you opinion on some wiring schemes. So I need to be able to power my pertronix ignition and electronic fuel pump. I was thinking to do this I have 3 ways
Wire goes from battery to 20 amp toggle switch, toggle switch powers relay which then goes to fuse block then to ignition and fuel pump (probably safest way to do it)

Wire goes from battery to big 50 amp toggle switch ten directly from switch to ignition and fuel pump

Wire goes from “on” post on ignition switch to relay then from relay directly to fuel pump and ignition (can add fuse block to after the relay if you think I should)

4. Wire goes from battery to toggle switch then to fuse block then to ign. And pump

Now for all these with a relay I was thinking using a 40 amp relay maybe 30 amp but I’d rather go higher than necessary just for peace of mind. Also I don’t know which terminal is the “on” post on the ignition switch also I don’t pull to much voltage through the switch (although it’s only powering a 40 amp relay). I like option 2 because it’s easiest but it’s also least safe if something shorts out. Options 1 and 2 also have added benefit of being anti theft because you have to flick switch for vehicle to run

I thought we decided having the toggled switch was a bad idea b/c you could leave it on and flood the engine. Also, if you get in an accident the same thing will happen, b/c i doubt thats the first thing you're thinking of. Just run the pump on with the key, and hook up a crash sensor thingy. They sell them on CJ Pony i think. So in the event of an accident, it shuts off the pump. Don't ask me how they work, i dont have it and still run my mechanical pump. You could probably help a lot of your vapor lock too by having a big phenolic spacer between the intake and carb. Like 1/2".

Back