Need oil pump pick up screen for 170 ci Bronco

tonyduc

Looking for an oil pump pick up screen for a 6 cylinder 170 ci Bronco. Everything I see online is either for a V8, or a 6 cylinder Falcon. The sump is apparently different on the Bronco 6, the deep part is toward the rear so the pipe for the oil screen is longer. Everything I find online for Ford 6's is a shorter version, the one pictured for a 289 (https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/product ... een-289302) actually looks close to what my 170 needs, but I am not sure of the fitment.

this is for our Wanted Forum.

Try all the typical bronk vendors (8 to 10?)
It is a rear sump, w/pan to match, of course.
On line catelogues also may have it, ur local big box under Melling or Dorman.
NAPA has marine & tractor also so is a lill better than "big box".

the mount @ pump is different (where bolts go) dia of p/u tube is different dia, etc, etc.
U should have better luck than me inthat I'm changin a frnt sump to rear (chucked my 170 for a 250).
It can B fabed but oem is better 4 ya.

Post back if JBG, BCB Bronks, etc don't have it. "Our guy" Matt at vintage inlines dot com may as he caters to our motors...
Post in Wanted - here.

Hi, as you found out, the Bronco has a different pan and longer pickup tube.
So you saw the extended pickup tube bolts to a special main bearing cap bolt.
If you visit classicbroncos.com you will find some guys getting rid of the 6 cylinders. Maybe someone will sell you the pickup.
There is a for sale and parts wanted section like we have here.
Good luck

Rock Auto lists a MELLING 65BS for this application, Says it includes the screen.

my 170 ci did not havea arm (on p/u tube) bolted to the main (I think it's a '68).
So no 'duplex' bolt either.

Back