5K+
VIP
Supporter 2023
Supporter 2022
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2020
Supporter 2019
Is everything a direct match:
I'm at home w/a puter system, some cash. Vehicle is @ garage 15 mi away. I'm thinkin abt the above.

I know the 170 radiater is a lill smaller then the 250 but is the inlet/outlet on the same side for each?
Is the hose ID the same?
(I think the length will B OK ).

I know the bent8 has changes here so thought I'd ask abt this - should B 'all set', tho, eh? (rememberin the motor's set up)
:unsure::

The 250 uses a 1.5" outlet and 1.75" inlet. On the radiator the 1.5" inlet needs to be on the upper right and the 1.75 outlet needs to be on the lower left. I don't know anything about Bronco radiators, but looking online it looks like they used 2 completely different radiators with different mounting on the v8's vs the L6's. And the V8's ones have a backwards outlet configuration. But I saw this one for "newer efi motors" that looks to have the right configuration if you can mount a v8 radiator into your rig(verify the port sizes, they don't say):

https://www.tomsbroncoparts.com/pro...utlets-for-new-motors-66-77-early-ford-bronco

The 250 uses the same setup as the sbf in early mustangs. So if early mustang radiators fit you could use one of them.

just to simplify:
"...The 250 uses a 1.5" outlet and 1.75" inlet. On the radiator the 1.5" inlet needs to be on the upper right and the 1.75 outlet needs to be on the lower left. ..."
is that the same as the 170 I pulled / got on da floor?
I'm not lookin right now but IIRC I think it is...

(Not carin abt the #cores, fins, 2 tanks, extra length/hight/thickness of the radiator right now...
@ some point I may go onto the bent8 radiator...ele fan'n that will B scoped out then, if ever).
Thnx Uins.

The hoses ended up being a little work from what I recall and I can't remember what I ended up with. But at least one of them I am not quite happy with as I recall. I don't believe you can just order hoses that will fit well.
I would go look at it but it is about 1500 miles away.

Chad the 144/170/200 uses 1.5" inlet and outlet, that's the problem. I used an aftermarket large 2-row early mustang radiator and hoses for a 70 mustang 250, iirc, and I just had to shorten one of the hoses. They fit great, molded and all.

OK, thank U both.
Lemmie look @ what U both have written here, a lill bit.
I bought new hoses 4 the 170 bout a yr ago, over the winter had the 170 radiator redone ($65) so hoped for a direct fit.

"...250 uses a 1.5" outlet and 1.75" inlet..."
"...170...uses 1.5" inlet and (EDIT) 1.25 outlet..."
seems like I can use 2 different sz copper pipes, a flat'n brazed (or may B an exhaust reducer) then cut the 2 hoses/union there...
No 'swap sides' or anything...

U guys R great. Ok, just more plannin...godid now, thnx agan.
Over'n out?...
(EDIT, same sides, 1/4 inch should not B too much. Still gunna try it)

What does the 170 Bronco radiator measure? It looks an awful lot like a mustang or econoline radiator.

Well I know for sure the 170 and the 250 water inlets and outlets come out of the motor the same, so as has been said the only issue will be the different sized pipes.

I am going to do some surgery on my 250 build and install a fox body radiator, most likely an EC138 Champion (the inlet and outlets are properly positioned, one car listed is Ford Granada 1975-1982 - Needs Hose Adapter) it has a Inlet: 1.25" passenger side, Outlet: 1.5" driver side so that is why it needs adapted.

I am hoping if I use the fox body set-up I can use a stock AC condenser from a fox body as well and have everything mount properly.

There are few fox body cars at the local JY and I am hoping I can cut the center of the core support and graft it in to my '64 Comet core support (that I am getting ready to replace currently from my parts car due to rust)

See Ya,
Mike

Econoline":2uctjmm1 said:
What does the 170 Bronco radiator measure? It looks an awful lot like a mustang or econoline radiator.
I C ur post lavron, headin 2 bed so...
But yeah, Seth, it's pretty narrow, tall'n skinny, 1 row I think...

Back