autozone 1100 carb

sefus

So whats the chances I get one that will be noticeably better than my freshly rebuilt yet still a pain in the butt 1940?

yeah, I wrked at autoZ & "Duralast" is almost as sketchy as a white box product. Never info on where frm, who made etc.
To do a lill better - go to store order, if brought out look at box. If not in store ask what they know abt the specific part they R getting 4 U.
Ck web site too...
I have got carbs there & put my own rebuild kit in B4 mounting. Seemed OK (wrkmanship, durability, operation)...

sefus":hm7ljnc8 said:
So whats the chances I get one that will be noticeably better than my freshly rebuilt yet still a pain in the butt 1940?

In my personal opinion the 1100 is a better carb than the 1940 (the Holley is cooler looking however) When I did my Offy triple on my Comet I searched until I found 3 matching Holleys (at the time you could get them in the JY pretty easy so I bought almost every one I found) they were finicky, I was constantly adjusting the floats (which was messy with the side mount float bowl) Collected up a set of 1100s and never had to tinker with them again after getting them set up.

Others may have differing opinions but that is my experience.

See Ya,
Mike

Back