Mallory unilite

mluck

Is anyone using the Mallory unilite....if so can you describe how you have it hooked up with a ballast resistor...I called Mallory and when step by step on how to hook it up..then I blow another module...went to a car show and looked for Mallory unilites to see how they where hooked up..some where different than what Mallory said..I’m ready to replace it with the hei .

pink wire is how Ford avoided ballast resistors I believe.
It looks like ' lavron " just posted on this in : 'My Budget 250 build' thread (C index page)

On their website, they show brown to chassis ground, green to coil negative, and they show the red wire being connected either before or after the ballast resistor: before in you are using a chrysler style resistor and after(hooked to coil positive) if you are using the factory style pink resistor wire. In both cases the resistor wire is connected to switched 12v. Is there a chance your + ignition wire is always hot? I know that can kill pertronix modules.

They also sell this filter device to protect the module:

https://www.holley.com/products/ign...ccessories/distributor_components/parts/29371

Back