Adjusting fuel mixer screw on Autolite 1100 Carburetor

Mr Comet

I am trying to properly set the mixer screw on my newly purchased Autolite 1100 rebuilt carburetor. I would greatly appreciate any step by step instructions on doing this or directions on how to locate such instructions on this forum. I have done numerous searches with no success. Your assistance is appreciated.

To get it running start with the screw out 2-3 turns. Turn it in very slowly 1/4 turn at a time, wait. When it starts to falter turn it back out a 1/4-1/2 turn. Then check/adjust the timing. The engine should die if the screw is turned in beyond 1 turn towards closed. If not, you've got a vacuum leak or bad/dirty/rich carb. Everything starts with the timing, you can hear it. But you've got to get it running ok before you get to far into the idle mixture screw. Then go back and reset the idle mixture and set the curb idle and fast idle based on rpms to spec or close and what sounds and seems right. Then re-check the idle mixture again and adjust. If you advance the timing it speeds up the engine so you have to make the final adjustment after the base tune is set. You might find the engine likes a timing different than spec, more or less. If you have a vacuum gauge, tie it in on manifold vacuum and shoot for someplace between highest vacuum and safe lean with both of them, timing and mixture.

https://fordsix.com/ci/Vacuum.html

My biggest problem right now is general driveability. There is a nose dive hesitation when I accelerate. Also once on the way to the gas station it stalled when I took my foot of the gas peddle like at 20-25 mph. If I set timing to best idle speed it's off the charts advanced. Should I start there?

we havea sticky on 'carb tune'.
It is all ways proceeded by one on the ign.
Do these - a proper 'sequence of operations' to "follow by the book".
It may B time consuming but U will be certain abt where U R @.

Back