VI carb adapter removal?

https://www.vintageinlines.com/product- ... -small-log

Do I C sompin U don't C?

There's 3 pic in the window on ur desk top...click on the right most sm windows under the main big pic. It opens an exploded window w/4 parts/views. R U missing (don't C it in ur spacer on the vehicle) the lill oval insert in the left bottom corner? Often times if we don't know how sompin is made we can't dissasemble...HTH~
if so party on...
:eek:

I think he's saying the insert is stuck in there. Maybe one of those little offset spatula mini putty knives could get in there inbetween and pop it loose?

If it's bolted on a manifold it may have warped and seized the insert ... try warming the outer part and if possible -cooling inner sleeve and it may release.

have fun

many present their answer to a problem ("how do I...") rather than presenting the prob and asking a solution, ideas etc.
Here's hoping that whatever the removal is abt is an actual solution to something...

:LOL: fair enough Chad!

The problem is that I'll be drilling a hole into the adapter to hook up my pcv to the new carb setup. Even just after installing the carb I tried to pry it that insert and failed, but thought it wouldn't be an issue an moved on. Now I'll either re install the stock spacer or drill a hole in the adapter, either way it's gotta come off.

But I don't wanna destroy it in the process... Hence the question. I really wanna keep the pcv system!

there's no place on the carb below the butterfly,
U don't wanna use the usual spot on the log itself?

Glad to hear a wider inquiry.

I thought Seth hada 'triple T' idea
for you (may B another thread) at the log.

How many ways can one skin a cat?

chero1369":3s794hug said:
Dr,move your tongue to the other side of your mouth.....

Naww.. then i can only screw things out, not in.

@Chad - the triple T worked out, as you mentioned! So i didn't remove the adapter.

"...the triple T worked out..."
Kudos where they're due - Seth ("Econo.")
I just suggested a Q steada "an answ ina Q".

Like yer sense of humor too, we need it in this vocation/avocation.
...so at least 3 ways to skin a cat.

Back