Flexplate Bolts

Matthew68

I can’t seem to find these for the 200 anywhere. NPD, AMK, RockAuto - no one seems to have flexplate Bolts. Where can I find replacements? Block is currently at the machine shop and I would like to replace them for good measure.

Should I also Swap the flexplate? I don’t see anything physically wrong with it, but they are pretty cheap (10-15 bucks on RockAuto) so I was considering.

Either way, I’m at a loss for the bolts! What have others done?

Cheers,
Matthew

"... What have others done?..."
walked into local big box auto store, dwn aisle to "Help" section, found then on a green, red, yellow blister pack 'hang card'.
Or ordered by Y/M/M across the 'desk'.

Caterpiller D9 21 thread per inch 7/16 bolts....but they have to be the right length or your rope or poly mainseal will get crucified.

DSC02335_2.jpg

K, U try it?

Do you have the reinforcement ring that goes on after the flex plate and then the bolts go through the ring and then the flex plate?
Your flex plate is probably better than the new stuff but I cannot say for sure.
The 302 bolts should work.

drag-200stang":1c8j4p72 said:
Do you have the reinforcement ring that goes on after the flex plate and then the bolts go through the ring and then the flex plate?
Your flex plate is probably better than the new stuff but I cannot say for sure.
The 302 bolts should work.

Yes, I have the ring. Thanks! I’ll grab the 302 ones.

Don't forget to put sealant on the threads to prevent an oil leak.

Back