yelle roller rocker install

Dons66

Supporter 2021
Hi, putting Yelle roller rocker on my 78 250 any suggestion on how to install correctly.
Thank Don

there's an oil passage to block off. Do U have 'the Handbook'? It shows the pathway.
We call the 1 to block: 'the kidney shaped nxt to the #11 head bolt'.
Our ol rocker assmbly hada shaft the oil went thru. The YT? none, oil needs to flow back to sump still.

I did the cam change rather than rockers so don't know the ins'n outs. An expert should B along shortly. If not U can ask now U have the basic. May B somethin in the above tech archive too (blue bx @ top of this page w/crossed screwdriver/wrench).

No the oil passage on the drivers side close at the back of the block is the one thats needed to be blocked by a 1/8" pipe plug.
The reason you plug the block passage in the block is because the headgasket cannot withstand full line oil pressure.
FSCN00902009-01-07.jpg

OK,
"...drivers side close at the back of the block..."
still #11 in our nomenclature. - last on the back (near fire wall) driver's side.

A npt allen headed screw can B fitted so as to remove later if going back to oem rockers.

OK so you tap that hole for a plug right, Also I saw something about making a grove in the lifter so the dis gets enough oil is this true with the flow through lifter.
Thank Don

Dons66":2w6jvtll said:
OK so you tap that hole for a plug right, Also I saw something about making a grove in the lifter so the dis gets enough oil is this true with the flow through lifter.
Thank Don
Don, since you limit the oil from the left front of the head. That orifice leads to the area between #2-#3 lifters.
You put a groove in those 2 lifters to get more oil to the distributor gear where it meshes with the camshaft.
DSC_00022007-11-26.jpg

Back