Fuel Pump Differences

Matthew68

A few months back I bought a NOS fuel pump off eBay. I got it super cheap ($5) and just now finally compared it to my the stock pump I took off my 68. It looks a little different in the housing and in the lever that mates with the cam. I also notice no spring or tab on the lever.

Is this essentially a paperweight? Anyone recognize the box? There is no markings to be found on the pump, housing or anywhere else.

Thanks,
Matthew

9ABB2E8C-584A-4382-9A85-17A78FEBED06.jpeg
851306A7-6BF1-483B-BEE0-0FBB8F737FBF.jpeg
54AC58B5-1699-4FD2-ACEC-1A3766D564FA.jpeg
55002228-A0EF-4787-B94F-321BFD47CE89.jpeg
F68B26FA-C3A1-4961-BE15-0C5D75C3AF9E.jpeg

Looks to be a no name generic plane packaged fuel pump that was made during the late 1960's and on into the 1980's. There were a few of these fuel pump manufacturing company's that did this back in that era. As well as a few that I seen and used that even had labeling that very closely resembled Ford, GM, and Mopar, factory OEM parts labels until the manufactures started cracking down with law suits on these non licensed parts and labeling.

There were severial versions of leveler styles used so don't worry about that. Should fit fine and probally work good for a stock or mild build, try it out and see how it dose. Good luck (y) :nod:

bubba22349":s5g1ry6k said:
Looks to be a no name generic plane packaged fuel pump that was made during the late 1960's and on into the 1980's. There were a few of these fuel pump manufacturing company's that did this back in that era. As well as a few that I seen and used that even had labeling that very closely resembled Ford, GM, and Mopar, factory OEM parts labels until the manufactures started cracking down with law suits on these non licensed parts and labeling.

There were severial versions of leveler styles used so don't worry about that. Should fit fine and probally work good for a stock or mild build, try it out and see how it dose. Good luck (y) :nod:

Thanks, bubba. On further inspection I found some rust towards the internals that could potentially leak. Not worth the risk on a freshly rebuilt bottom end.

Back