2 barrel Weber ID

gooberpat

Can anyone help me id what kind of carb I've got here (see attachments showing tag).
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess it's a Weber......

What kind of performance (if any) can I expect from this on an otherwise stock engine (except a 3-2-1 header)
This is not the progressive 2 barrel I have read about is it?

I don't see any pics but it depends on the weber. If the bores are 2 different sizes, its likely a 32/36. If they are the same i believe its a 38/38. The 32/36 is progressive, the 38 is not. The 32 is more of an economy carb. It adds a little bit of performance but its a PITA to tune properly. Getting one not already set up for our engines is annoying to tune. I can't tell you how many jets I've bought to try to get mine to run right and yet it still runs lean when i need rich, and runs rich when it should be lean. If tuned right, its an amazing carb but do you have the time and patience....

Is yours a small bore log or big bore log? If its a big bore, I'd look into using something else. I'm about to go to an Autolite 2100 but my head is modified for a 2bbl

Good luck,
Ryan

w e l c o m e !!! pat.
pic 'd be great
if not any tags? shape of the whole thing?

Haven't figured how to attach pics yet but the tag reads:

WEBER
86 DA TE
A 2316

It appears both barrels are the same size, but only 1 has a choke.

take that to Mike's carbs on line, click around'n U will find the exact car it wuz made 4.
https://www.carburetor-parts.com
In this manner U can wonder abt ur app (displacement, jets, etc).
Who can tell what OP did w/(currently) ur car...

Des ol rigs R fun fun fun if U wanna work work work (go to wrk B4 U go to work)...

chad":s15vnp1m said:
take that to Mike's carbs on line, click around'n U will find the exact car it wuz made 4.
https://www.carburetor-parts.com
In this manner U can wonder abt ur app (displacement, jets, etc).
Who can tell what OP did w/(currently) ur car...

Des ol rigs R fun fun fun if U wanna work work work (go to wrk B4 U go to work)...
Sounds like Mike is very knowledgeable person!

"...Sounds like Mike is very knowledgeable person!..."
yep, he's got da info, I done da work:
enter the number, click thru da pic, visually ID ur carb (M/M/Y) order prts.

I got 2 by this method: '68 YF Carter Falcon; & an other; mopowr RBS 190ci. Traded in (flee-bay) then IDed a '74 250ci RBS stang.
Both w/o a tag. Site shows how to use stampings, then his vid shows rebuild sequence'n parts...
This tag may make it easier !

Smart, helpful guy. Just like ford6 folk! Truth B told
(irony missin)
:nod:

chad":2i9yo60n said:
"...Sounds like Mike is very knowledgeable person!..."
yep, he's got da info, I done da work:
enter the number, click thru da pic, visually ID ur carb (M/M/Y) order prts.

I got 2 by this method: '68 YF Carter Falcon; & an other; mopowr RBS 190ci. Traded in (flee-bay) then IDed a '74 250ci RBS stang.
Both w/o a tag. Site shows how to use stampings, then his vid shows rebuild sequence'n parts...
This tag may make it easier !

Smart, helpful guy. Just like ford6 folk! Truth B told
(irony missin)
:nod:
You must be a great tandem! He got awesome vids.

aaaahahahaaa
"This correspondence can not be construed as an endorsement of any service or product wherein cited"
8^ 0
I go fer Vintage Inlines, LLC !

Thanks to all for answers.
I'm sure I have a progressive.
Also, one of the throttle plates only starts to open when the throttle was past half of its travel.

Back