t5 swap 66 mustang 200

Congrats on getting it all back togeather and drivable. The flywheel won't be out of balance but if it wasn't surfaced properly it could have a wobble this isn't very likely. You can check that with a dial indacator on its face surface (pressure plate side to check for any runout. Drive shaft is a possablity test it with the car securely up on jack stands run it in gear watching for any sign of wobbling up and down or turning it by hand use the dial indacator both next to the front yoke, at the rear yoke and also in the center checking it for any run out. One other thing you should check and maybe the first thing is that of your wheel and tire balance. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new 5 speed. (y) :nod:

Yes, I'm enjoying it. Drove it around today to do errands, its faster then I remember, and it's fun banging gears, even in heavy traffic.

I had it on Jack stands and yes the driveshaft is definitely out of balance, or that's the system of the problem. I called a driveshaft shop and the guy said it is rare for a driveshaft to go out of balance without some dent or accident. He said it might be the ujoints, (in which I changed),...or it may be the inner rear bearing of the transmission, but 2 transmission? So I might have it checked, but they want almost as much money to check it, as a new one.

Any suggestions on driveshaft wobble?

yes, they put it on a machine to spin/balance,

It depends were the wobble is. If it's in the center of the drivshaft then the driveshaft is bent and would need to be re- tubed or replaced with another shaft or else have a new shaft made. Sometimes if it's at the front yoke you can take it apart and turn the yoke 180 and get a better result.

He's right and gave you good advise this usually doesn't happen unless it's been bent or dented by an accident. And yes the transmissions tail shaft housing bushing could be worn out (yes even on two used transmissions) and need to be replaced this is the bushing that supports the front yoke. If it has excessive clearance the front yoke will wobble. Putting the front yoke into the trans and trying to move it sideways or up and down you can feel if this rear bushing is worn. I make it a practice to always replace this bushing during rebuilds or when replacing a front yoke with a new one. One other thing that can cause vibrations is an incorrect dive line angle. Good luck (y) :nod:

Thanks Bubba for the response and advice. Not sure where to start first, probably the bushing , it's the cheapest. Then give a whirl.

I believe the drive shaft had a wobble in it even with the Auto C4,... but not 100 percent. Then mabey I'll try the yoke. It is 50 yrs old , haha.

Again thanks, and the Saga continues.

Back