Please help me identify this block

notmeofficer

Ive googled and researched but I am still not sure.. year and size

This block
#01AE-6015-K

Three freeze plugs
one smaller opening in the rear of the block below and behind the freeze plugs that had some kind of exhaust recirculation tube from the manifold going to it

the frame appears to be an f250 8 lug 3/4 crew cab frame.. the vin is gone.. the cab is gone.. it has a four speed with a frame mounted split bellhousing like the medium duty trucks

Thank you

From the discription it sounds like it might be one of these, a 215 six engine used in 1952 & 1953 cars and trucks (the least likely), a 223 six engine used a cars and trucks in 1954 through to 1964 (this is the most likely), or the 262 six engine used only in the larger trucks but asso the pickups in 1964 (not as likely). First year of the Ford factory built Crew Cabs trucks was 1965 prior to that when Ford had requests for them from Railroads, Forestry Services, ect. they sent them out to custom coach builders I don't know the first year this option was offered but I have seen a 1959 crew cab. There should also be a frame number on the top rail near the bell housing area. Can you post some pictures of it? Good luck (y) :nod:

count sprk plugs/holes.
Do U know what a 'draft tube' is - this 'dwn wrds pipe' is on the driver's side frnt ?

o0OPPp, re-read ur post - not a draft tube.
Post over the 'truck forum' if U think itsa truck:

https://fordsix.com/viewforum.php?f=2

Frm what you've posted so far don't know if its i6 or even ford:
try the 'orphan' forum too, but w/lots more info - or the pic bubs asks 4:

https://fordsix.com/viewforum.php?f=13

Good Luck, 'monbac, if wanting~

yup, dats:

viewforum.php?f=18

May B CU over there (thanks "66")...
(guy must B in NE, Cali or the SW somewhere - we get 45 inches of sno/rain each yr, round here thing 'd B gone by now... 8^0

Soldmy66":3kpex57z said:
If the casting number is actually C1AE-6015-K, it would appear to be a 1961 223.

I think you might be correct... Ford wasnt exactly fastidious in their casting ability.. The O could be a C. After your post I used a chisel and was able to remove some casting flash and it indeed does look like a "C"

As to the other poster... thank you for the "draft tube" explanation.. and no.. I had not seen one before

Yes..its a Ford

The manifold has clear numbers on it "C1AE-9430-A"

Thank you for the link
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=73584

That was super helpful... I think its a 223 by reading the link... and as such it will be for sale and Ill find someone who needs the entire motor and trans

gFHOuqX.jpg

Thank you everyone for your help

funny.
I see the 6 exhaust (siamesed exh like the thriftpower) but only 4 intake,
And a '61 truck (mileage maker) w/the light blue paint...

When it was new a 223 wasn't painted by Ford in Blue, so it was obviously rebuilt sometime later in its life. The block and head would of been painted Black and valve cover air cleaner were painted Red (see the below link for a nice orginal example of those engine colors). Also all 215's, 223's, and 262 six'es only had heads with 4 intake manifold holes. :nod:

1961 Ford
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MpYo5bv2v2U

Back