Carb Linkage question for Weber 32/36 on 250 (76 Maverick)

bobdobbs

I've got my 2bbl converted head back from the machine shop and installed. I've installed the bellcrank kit on my 32/36 carb but now I'm trying to figure out how to set up the throttle.

The original throttle bracket bolted to the foot of the 1bbl carb. So I'm wondering if I have to fabricate a new bracket or if it could be bent to bolt onto the 32/36.

Can anyone post pics of how they did theirs?

Bonus points if you can show me how have your kickdown lever set up.

Thanks in advance!

Head installation pics here:
https://tinyurl.com/mavWeber

First iteration of weber install on 73 Mav.used Redline 2 x 1 adapter(angled),used boat cable(original)
2nd,milled head,cut log,had to use lokar and one for trans kickdown cause I stuck in an AOD.Those AOD's are WAY pickier on setting
up,and I didn't want to blow it up.
I wasted 50' of 3/8" stainless(what I had on hand) trying to make it work,not worth the effort.
Since, I have done an Econoline the same way and it's just easier and lot's of adjustment.
just my 2 cents worth.

so lill info here it makes it hard for me to picture in my mind what U got ('s ok, most the connections up there R burned out anyway).

Do U have the system figured out all the way from the peddle to the fire wall? (sounds so). Do U have a cable from that point?
I clicked the link but did not read, no pic showed what U R asking abt ...

We have lots of different wrk-out-strategies in already completed threads PIC Included!. Can U use the search function (pencil thin bx @ top of page w/"Search" written inside)? Some have milti-reverse-duble-tripple-links, etc. I do not recommend them (too complicated and too much material).

At ten posts I hope it's not too late to say:
W E L C O M E !!!
hope U enjoy yer stay!

Let's wrk on carb 1st.
Nother post on transmis. ! think I remember there its needing to set the lever correct 1st (C-4) B4 attaching cable - let's put all that in a different thread (U can look - same search function, here:

viewforum.php?f=76

Hey guys. Here’s the back of the carb, with the bellcrank to point the pull the right way. The other pictures show the stock throttle setup. Not sure if i have to tear it out or if I can adapt it to the new stuff. I’ve been searching ghe forum and I can’t find anything that seems like it’ll work for me.

Edit: Posted here since the forum isn’t letting me add pics:

https://imgur.com/gallery/OjjKvTE

Thx!

bobdobbs":2x5gizuo said:
Hey guys. Here’s the back of the carb, with the bellcrank to point the pull the right way. The other pictures show the stock throttle setup. Not sure if i have to tear it out or if I can adapt it to the new stuff. I’ve been searching ghe forum and I can’t find anything that seems like it’ll work for me.

Edit: Posted here since the forum isn’t letting me add pics:

https://imgur.com/gallery/OjjKvTE

Thx!
It looks like if you took the arm (that came with the kit) off of the bell crank that is heading toward the cable, and just put a ball on it, you could plug that extension (from the throttle cable) on and be good to go. Not sure what that metal piece that comes across the valve cover on that bracket is for, but you could just cut it off since it looks like it would get in the way... my 2 cents.
-Shawn

I think U may get more response (on "Search" and in this index) w/:
"linkage for Direct mount DGV w/cross VC bracket"
That thing is the best (bracket) ! R U mounting the carb backwards?
Did U visit Matt at vintage inlines dot com yet (he caters to us) for the right adapter or
will U not use one? Get it mounted 1st - the rest is just futzin around...

1st one's a classic & this guy's gott'em in his own archive (don't needa search app).
Need another thread on "adapter DGV direct mount"?
Need another thread on "C4 kick down cable w/DGV"?

No "X" has'em on his puter dwn in OZ (well, away frm fire on NZ!!!)
:nod:

Ok guys I think I have it figured out.

I just had to get a bell crank and Jegs #15226, which is a ball stud that has a 1/4" ball and 10-32 thread 9/16" long.

I'll have to bend the carb cable bracket so it'll mount, but that's just details. :beer:

https://imgur.com/gallery/OSbfZUU

yeah, those 'over the VC brackets" R great. If not usin urs sell er to me ! :eek:
I assume ur gunna use a short rod, 4 nuts (2 so as to 'lock') & 2 mini heim joints, more handi items in the carb faber's tool kit ?
(y)
:nod:
Now let's get it set up right (jet change?). U gota A/F guage'n O2 sensor?
Jegs'n Summit, ur local big bx auto prts store sure duz...(60$, a bung w/threads, weldin and some wire will set that up.) A v e r y nice way to go but not necessary...
BTW: will U heat the bracket & bend?

Back