baffled PCV grommets anyone?

Use the baffled grommet for the pcv & raise the pcv position at least 3" above the grommet to prevent oil from entering the pcv valve.
dqO5XTX.jpg

Those valve covers are just a good looking piece of junk.
I got rid of mine & installed a stock Ford valve cover which has all the baffles at the pcv & the oil fill.

looks like they might B good,
cheep enuff to try.
I say : "Show me, I'll consider!"
Need to get goin on my 'closed system' (a 2 holer 'powered by ford'
w/a plastic cap/nipple for frnt, this would wrk in the back w/pcv valve). Need to
get the AC housing to take the hose from the frnt "crankcase fill' hole...

Lemmie know how U do if ordering~

Chad, if you have the junk cast aluminium valve cover, what i show in my photo is the only way other than an oil trap that is used on the Lightning supercharged engine.
I have been through both scenarios.

wsa111":2sebhp08 said:
Chad, if you have the junk cast aluminium valve cover, what i show in my photo is the only way other than an oil trap that is used on the Lightning supercharged engine.
I have been through both scenarios.
KOUWELL, I C U got a pic 4 both !

They won't work. You will still get oil sucked into the PCV. Ask me how I know. lol.

Bill is correct. You either need a spacer or a oil catch can. Or the Moroso screw in weld in baffles (best idea).

I also removed the aluminum cover and went back to stock.

Most later non-adj. Valve Cover's, have to remove baffle or 'formed' with a BFH to not interfere with the Adjustable rockers. The cheap chrome ones seem to have sufficient clearance for adjustable rockers..

. Some poor fitting cast alum VC's never will seal and odd angled fastener lugs don't help. I basically bond (glue) the nice looking one on the head.. .

The 250 SC Mav' has valve cover vented and crankcase vented at fuel pump location. . With forced induction there's inevitable blowby and contamination of oil under boost. The "Audi air pump mod" for crankcase evacuation has pressure switch turns on evac' pump keeping crankcase at negative pressure. (More at the Turbo forums.)

haev fun

. . .

Baffled grommets don't work, I have one and it does nothing. I still get oil thru the pcv.

I am thinking of having some sort of baffle welded inside my aluminum valve cover. The cover has some bosses cast on the inside that look like they're meant for attaching a baffle. Why it was left off I have no idea.

wsa111":317wkwvd said:
Use the baffled grommet for the pcv & raise the pcv position at least 3" above the grommet to prevent oil from entering the pcv valve.
dqO5XTX.jpg

Or, do like wsa111 did, but stuff that "riser" with a scotchbrite pad, it'll catch a TON of oil before the pcv, and let it drain back into the engine. Easy Peasey...

chad":3urbizcu said:
how bout that 40 or 60$ adjustable one?
The cast valve cover is a piece of junk.
The factory valve covers are all precision die cast & weigh 25% the weight of the cast ones.
They also have cast in oil dippers to control oil to the fulcrum of the rocker arm if the oil is from the pushrods.
They also are higher to clear rocker arm clearance for mild to medium applications.
They also have the necessary baffles for oil control to the pcv & other mountings.
Adjustable what pcv's or???
When you add restrictions you are just creating more crankcase pressure.
The Spectre oil fill breather i use eliminated most of the crankcase pressure i had with rpm bursts close to 6K. Thus no leaking valve cover gaskets.

chad":3drgybr9 said:
how bout that 40 or 60$ adjustable one?

EDIT
sorry, $130.00 one the guys posted abt afew months back.
I don't think it'd wrk ("Use w/air oil separator."). On to read abt it again...

http://mewagner.com/?p=444

https://www.classicindustries.com/produ ... gImj_D_BwE

I do use the MEWagner adjustable. It will still suck oil without the correct baffles.

But, it does work and is a very nice piece. It is hard to explain. But, read their website.

As you tune it you can hear your engine running better.

OK, Marco, thnx.

I can't spend that AND it sez 'use w/catch can". (well, different wrds/prts).
I like what Mike developed (fined alu frm Oz esp w/the carb hat to match).
Am doin fine w/oem scraps currently. Will try'n develop an AC housing like oem
(don;t have 1, but want the breather line 2 go up there frm frnt VC 'hole'. I can
fab (braze/weld/tig) a copy. Just thinkin of a clean result...

Followin da thread:~

Back