Exhaust Header for Ford 250ci - I6

cguilford

I have a 66 Mustang Coupe with a 250CI in it up from the normal 200CI that is normally in it, I'm looking to put in a Dual Exhaust, and I know they make a split exhaust header for the 200CI, I'm curious if that will work on the 250ci in a 66 Mustang (I know they are similar builds, but with the starter being in a different placement I'm curious about fitment)? If so does anyone have any recommendations?

just put the 250 in my bronk using the VI headers (actually the last CI one).
Fit good - see Matt at vintage inlines dot com. He caters to all the ford i6 motors (1960 - '96)
144 - 300 ci. Is a member here...
Some on here hit up the general sales on the net but we can't vouch for them right now (is "Speed Daddy" still around? they hada copy).

@ 2 posts I'm not too late to say:

W E L C O M E !!!

stick around, don't just fly by, hang to go a lill deeper on ur plans....

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the information, I actually saw vintage inlines on my many google searches *chuckling* glad to have stumbled upon this page. Seems full of information, many of it I have no doubt will be very helpful in my build over time.

There is a set of Hooker headers in our for sale section.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=79803
The Hookers have a 1 1/2" primary pipe going into 2 2 1/2" collectors.
Brian Stillwell on the vintage six forum has a brand new set of the same header for sale in the $650.00 area.
Both these are for the low mount starter.

I think the only engine that the ebay headers won't fit is the low mount starter 80's 200's. Member stanyon tried them on the low mount 200 he put in his econoline pickup and it was a no-go @ the starter. The extra deck height of the 250 is enough to allow clearance according to at least one member.

2 work-a-rounds on the starter:
* mini starter (some expensive, R also hi tq for race engines "w/compression")
* 3.8L stang starter (v6 late 80s), got mine at autozone

3'n 4: I think 'the Handbook" lists a fomoco starter that U can sneak the header pipes around too.
May B one in above "tech archive" (click on the big blue box w/the crossed screwdriver/wrench).
We continually turn to these 2 last sources, grab 'the Handbook frm Matt at vintage inlines dot com... (He's got some 'shorties' 4 us).

Back