Which "weber" should I put on my car with a 2-into-1 adapter?

Asa

2K+
VIP
I've got four "weber" carbs. Two are actual webers and are a matched set that were on a Datsun. The other two are both (I think) Motorcraft that I acquired individually from.... somewhere.
Which one should I put on a stock-ish 200? I do like the second two as they have automatic chokes I can setup, but I should be able to unbolt those and put them on the Webers.

I can get a better pic of the tag on these if need be.
YjMPrEn.jpg
SRTRNFR.jpg

yPNAoup.jpg
LF1jfN0.jpg

I don't see any identifying marks on this one.
ierfRRZ.jpg

32/36 Weber vs OEM's - offer better mileage , better performance and can tune to idle consistently .

Here's the real poop on 32-36's / HW 5200's progressive 2bbl's.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79356&p=615531&hilit=5200#p615531

From a @2010 post:

... run the Holley / Weber version of the 32/36 progressive on a big log head through $14 - 2X1 adapter. The 5200 was offered by many manufacturers in many cars and many DISPLACEMENTS like the Weber... (@185-250CFM) ,

A clean "rebuilt" 5200 of questionable origin ran on the 170 with typical off-idle bog. No difference with bigger or smaller jets. Found an Ebay H/W 5200 carb - dirty/as used Capri 2.8 liter (170cid) spec 5200 and 170 ran great as-is dirty and all. I swapped in the jets to clean ‘bog’ carb and still ran like crap, I then put ‘bog’-carb jets in 2.8 spec 5200 and it ran with no bog at all.

(Twelve years in 2018) … Five years later 170 still runs great... Smooth consistent idle, economical (primary Bbl) light cruise performance and decent interstate ramp 2Bbl max-CFM performance.

> my 170 has stock bottom end/cam but big valve head work running @ 10:1 CR with decent mileage (on 93 octane) .. > 2Barrel Direct mount mod is a great performance option, but for MPG/daily driver, 2X1 adapter , can be a simple option .

. .

... still runs great in 2021 !

Have fun

I think the main issue you'll have is the throttle linkage...I've got a DFAV / HW5200 on mine, because the throttle linkage "pulls" the right way for my throttle rod.

Otherwise, it's all jetting and choke setups.

ignorant here, how is that different than the DGV most cite here ('pinto") (or even H/W 5200)?

The DF_V's and H/W 5200's are mirror image versions of the DG_V's, so the main difference is the "direction of pull" of the throttle.

I believe the "Pinto DGVs" are actually the mirror-image DFV / 5200s, I see lots of people just simply call them all "DGV" , hence the confusion.

Back