China YFA

Georgia200

Any idea how many cfm the China YFs on ebay flow?

They advertise them for 240-250-300.

Any difference between the hot air and electric choke?

My eventual plan for the 250 is a 2V or multiple carb, but for now, I want to stuff as much air into it as I can with a 1V.

what is it - the BBC? There's a thread on here for this large 1v (tq monster).
I know it as an 80s fox-bodied 3.8L (231ci) bent6 heaviy burdened (pollution controlls) carb.
If it wuz lower (not so tall) I'b try it in my 250 bronk.
I think the YFA is the 'big six" carb (240/300) so may flow 190 crm? & B too tall?

My RBS is 215 and for low rise hoods (250 Mavrick?) but -0- tunability...
There's a late model Rocester (che%^^y i6) that flows highest I believe...

The various versions of the YFA with the 1.31 inch venturi and 1.69 inch throttle flow 190 to 195 cfm.

The replacement Chinese built YFA's have simplified chokes. Its marketed as a 200/250 small six and 240/300 big six 1bbl carb replacement. Its not a direct replacement for any particular year. AMC's and Jeeps with the 196/232/258 have the same Chinese carb listing. I think the 170/194?/225 slant six has a similar Chinese listing.

You have to decide how you deal with the lack of Hot Air pipe.

The Chinese have done a nice job with this carb, but its just a generic carb. You have to figure out what to do with the various connections. Lots of changes from 1968 to 1985model years.

Georgia200 said:
Your reply makes no sense to me.
Simple question: Any idea how many cfm the China YFs on ebay flow?/quote]
U better ask them'n leave us alone then...
U do know U can, yes? ("Contact seller")
Otherwise ck our own 'For Sale" & the closest big box retailer to U~

Repeat and Pete re:
"...I think the YFA is the 'big six" carb (240/300) so may flow 190 crm? & B too tall?..."
wish I could explain in a different way, I can't...
:devilish:

Im thinking about taking my spare head to the machine shop and having tripower mounts brazed on. I dont like the Offy setup and its about the same cost either way. I can block the outside carb mounts off and run a single until I locate suitable carbs.

Its tough to find the carbs anymore. they are out there but very spendy. The China 1100s may be an option.

Back