Holley sniper efi

Wayne clark

In the process of upgrading to holley sniper 2300 efi on my 67 very with a 200 6. Have about finished everything but not quite because of rain and I have no shop so its work when it's not raining. Have upgraded the ignition to duraspark2 and msd 6al and new timing chain that was found when I replaced the points. Anyway has any one put one of these on a 200 yet and if so what issues did you encounter? I purchased a complete kit so most every thing came with it so it's been pretty much follow instructions but still have to get the new fuel pump on and hopefully it runs. Thanks for any info . Hope everyone comes out of these crazy times safe.

what's Seth doin w/econoline on this forum (or dd he switch to the other for that as well)?
May not B the sniper, but am bettin it is.
He will take PMs & would like to compair notes I bet (esp if U use the BBD carb):
Econoline
(use the capitol "E")
use big blue boxes above to search out PM for "a member'.

I did the Fitech. But, I am guessing the install is the same. Install was pretty easy. The only challenge was drilling a hole for the o2 sensor in the exhaust.

I swapped over to a Lokar throttle cable instead of trying to source items at a junk yard. I also swapped the tank to a Aeromotive Stealth with internal pump.

I am not sure if your Holley has a wire that goes to your tach output or Duraspark for signal. But, I cut mine short and used a shielded cable for the connection. It seems most problems come from that signal wire.

I'm glad to see another member taking the plunge. You can be our guinea pig ;) :) Please let us know how it goes.

I'm still in the preparing stages for converting myself. I have added a 3/8" fuel line, I'll use the current 5/16" line as the return. I've converted a spare fuel sender to an in tank fuel pump. I welded in an O2 bung on the head pipe. I've made an adapter for the throttle body. I've got a new fuse/relay box for the installation. Right now I need to pick up a 100+" lokar throttle cable and install the new gas pedal and linkage. Nothing is easy in these old vans. I'm in home repair/carpenter mode right now though so it's going to be a while.

Econoline":1360lyma said:
I'm in home repair/carpenter mode right now though so it's going to be a while.
Sounds only fair, eh?
"Do U, then I do me, then I do U..." House, econo, house, econo...
Meanwhile her job is pretty steady (shop, cook, clean, laundry, etc, etc).
Sounds like MY house/agreements !
:nod:
(y)

Back