Xflow headed 200 camshaft

Hello everyone, can anyone help me with my build?
79 fox,200ci with a c4.Cracked head made me go xflow, block need to be sleeved also due to leakage from coolant passage to cylinder.
What camshaft should I use if I'm not going for extreme build?
Did anyone sleeved a 200? Can I sleeve 1 cyl only? What pistons should I use?
A carburetor needed also, I wish to put triple weber, is it possible or go 4bbl something.
Thank you!

Welcome aboard. I think you would be better off to find another block. If you just plan to use the vehicle for street driving naturally aspired just get a set of sealed power pistons & plasma moly rings. The stock design piston is dished & with the block zero decked & close to 50cc's combustion chambers you will be close to 9.4 compression. If you want higher compression you will have to go with flat top pistons.
For a camshaft call Jerry @ Schneider cams & he can advise you in that choice.
If you need a distributor, i can help you in that area.
Need more info on the head, transmission & differential ratio. Bill

7_MAiN":7m4jgstl said:
Hello everyone, can anyone help me with my build?
79 fox,200ci with a c4.Cracked head made me go xflow, block need to be sleeved also due to leakage from coolant passage to cylinder.
What camshaft should I use if I'm not going for extreme build?
Did anyone sleeved a 200? Can I sleeve 1 cyl only? What pistons should I use?
A carburetor needed also, I wish to put triple weber, is it possible or go 4bbl something.
Thank you!

I've used the stock Cross flow 256 degree cam which gives 435 thou lift at the valve on my 200 and 250 log head to cross flow conversions.

SVO's Mike Kranfaus and Motorsports Jack Roush used a special glue to chemically bond turbo cylinder heads to blocks. Taking a leaf from these guys books, Adding a less than 0.245 inch thick steel block plate Araldited* to the block allows you park the piston rings at about 250 to 265 thou or a nominal quarter of an inch before the pistons touch, and that holds the sleeves in and also seals the common block cracks most Cleveland plant engines seam to suffer, six holes need to be core drilled to 3.68 if using stock pistons, and the stud and water holes and pushrod reliefs.

Conrods can then be 0.50" taller with SOHC Pinto 2000 4.96" from the 1970-1974 Pintos, or any foreign 2000 cc engine from 1970 to 1987 or so. The rods can be bushed to convert from the normal 24 mm wrist pin to the common US style wrist pin which mics at 0.9112 or 23.15 mm. These are the wrist pin the US Lima and Brazilian 2000/2300/2500 Fox/Ranger/Taunus engines from 1974-1997 use, same diameter the 200/250 and 255 4.2 liter V8S, and almost everything V8 SBF Windsor and small Cleveland use).

(Ex Selly's Australia, Araldite® Super Strength is a two-part epoxy paste adhesive that bonds with high strength. Initial bonding achieved in 6-8 hours with maximum bond strength after 3 days)

"...made me go xflow..."
* just to get clarity on ur post: like fittinga 250 into a 144, 170, 200 bay "It aint easy" the X-Flow duz not slap ona usa block easy. So want to understand what ur saying.
* Sleaving one cyl is only advisable if able to get each of the 6 components to weigh alike in the rotating assembly.
* A X-Flow head will take Trips or a 4v as I recall.

I'd think the Oz 250 2v might be easire/less expensive and we have a current build threaf U might follow whatever U decide (no need to use 'search' for x-flow or Oz 2v threads here).
* ..... There's ur 3 Q in 1 thread. (y)

Thank you guys for your response.

Already got the head, e1 hf2. Getting a new block/engine/something is quite an issue over here so my best option is to machine it back to life.
Trash block is 20 over now and need to be bored and honed to 40 over and need to be sleeved at one cylinder for sure. Question is if Im sleeving it it means that I need a smaller diameter piston, how much smaller? What sleeve wall thickness is recommended here? If already going small piston, maybe get a set of pistons(custom ones?) to get comp ratio (and easier balance?) right and sleeve all 6 cylinders? Rods? :roll:
If so, will some cam+carb selection could compensate for lost displacement?

xctasy":2ddws5pr said:
I've used the stock Cross flow 256 degree cam which gives 435 thou lift at the valve on my 200 and 250 log head to cross flow conversions.
How was it? could you tell more about your set ups there please?
wsa111":2ddws5pr said:
Need more info on the head, transmission & differential ratio.
stock c4 with 7.5 rear end, do the c4 have different ratios? didnt check rear end yet.
chad":2ddws5pr said:
"It aint easy"
:nod:

:thanks:
cheeres guys :beer:

"...I need a smaller diameter piston, how much smaller?..."
Y? when they sleieve it they will bore dwn to a sz the slieve will go in. The inside of ther sleve will B the size of the other cyl U already have, no?
It may seem that there is so deep dammage this would seem to be unobtainable but I think not (till it hits the water jacket)...

Back