Lost Idle Speed Screw for Autolite 1100

revolgc

Does anyone know the size/specs of the idle speed screw for a 1966 Autolite 1100? I realized today that mine vibrated loose and is probably out on the highway some where.

I don't think that is the one I need. It's used to adjust the idle speed not the mixture. I think it's originally part 375956 located bottom center of this diagram. https://championmustang.com/1100-explode.pdf I can't tell if it's supposed to have a spring or not. Was hoping I could pick up a replacement a the local hardware store.

I no, I thught U might search around that site to find it.
Mike's is pretty complete, when U C it look at the chart w/it - it will probably say,
just like the 1 I gave U...

EDIT:
spelling

sigh, I guess Econoline just couldn't resist stating the obvious. I'm assuming there is no additional wisdom such as size/thread/length to go along with that little nugget of wisdom you passed on?

The screws used on these old carb's are all common machine screw threads. if I could see it I could tell you exactly what size it is. But it is probably at least a size 8 with 32 threads per inch, known just as an 8-32. Or it maybe a bigger 10-32 the length is about 3/4 to 1 inch but the choke fast idle screw is longer at about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 inch long. Be carful that the screw goes in easy (without a spring) if it doesn't you have the wrong screw thread. These screws were special made for carb use compared to common hardware type screws. Once you have the correct screw the tip can be modded the original throdle arm curb idle screw has a slightly under sized tip with a small radius on bottom. The adjusting screw for the choke high RPM has a Hex head with a slight radius as well as under sized tip. Which ever size you find that fits your carb will need to also have the correct tension spring too, these are relatively stiff to aply some tension so the screw doesn't move from its setting. The fact that you lost that screw driving means someone has been messing around with the carb before and had a spring that was wrong. Besides the Hardware store you might find them at your local auto parts store, or try Mike's carb's. In the below link is more info and a few videos, in second one at around 11:43 you can get a glimpse of the stock screw and spring, so there you are you now know about everything there is about the screw and spring you need to find. Best of luck (y) :nod:

Autolite 1100 Carb Info
http://www.carburetor-blog.com/autolite ... arburetor/

"...go along with that little nugget of wisdom you passed on?..."
careful, he's exactly right in my book - C the lill piece in his "signature"? (abt fix it;s self).
I think what he is saying is U may need to go to the store and get several single possibilities, return home (many of us have a pile in the corner we must weed thru & test) and go to the vehicle and try.

Ya know what? Y is it always a 1/4, 20 that fits my empty bolt holes. Try that.
/OR/
hold on till some 1 comes along w/the answ. for ya. Might take awhile but we got them too...
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Later he might have just the info U could use~

BTW: a tooth pick probed in there will tell ya da length (when taken to an inche scale). HTH, if not
ask again~
(or follow up w/my own earlier offer if wanting to research, more speed)
Edit:
he wuz typin while I wuz.
See? back to Mike's site...

It's going to be a 10-32, 10-24, or 8-32 x like an inch or so, maybe inch and a qtr. If the carb is still on the car, just go buy a small selection, or pull the carb and take it with you.

"...10-32, 10-24, or 8-32..."
better'n I coulda done
8^ )

Ford did use 12-28 for some things like the throttle linkage rod in my van. Hopefully it isn't that.

Back