I changed to HEI and now my carb is acting up.

I went to a EFI from Southwest performance on my 65 mustang and it ran great for 15 miles then the carb started acting up. Can there be any correlation? The carb is a Motorcraft Holley 1940, although it also has Autolight embossed on it.
It appears to me that the (accelerator pump?) is messed up. There is wet fuel in the carb and it has a very strong Oder of gas all the time. Could this be due to the EFI?
As you can tell I am a total novice, I haven't done anything with a inline in my life.

I believe you have a HEI distributor.
You need a full 12V power to it.
If your carb. has a SCV valve, you cannot connect the vacuum advance to it.
Need to rebuild your carb. or get one from a 68 & later engine so you can hook up the vacuum advance.
The HEI is not curved for your engine & soon you will have oil dripping from the housing because of a design defect.
I can fix your distributor, but you need a different carb.

LOL, I thought maybe you ordered an EFI kit and hadn't installed it yet, but the carb knew somehow and was like, "yeah screw you buddy!"

Hi Tji65coupe, I edited the topic header to HEI from EFI for more charity of your posts. Did you make any progress on your 65 Coupe carb issues? (y) :nod:

"I changed..."
There R several prts we call "HEI"...
What did U change?
Did U take it somewhere 4 wrk?
Did U do some wrk ur self?
What did U do?

Back