It worked when I parked it.

Hi, I have a good 170 but 1 exhaust bolt ear is broke off. And it is on North Carolina. You can have it if you can get it home. Hopefully you can find a good take out engine closer to home. We have a parts wanted section here, as well as classic bronco. Pm me if it helps. Good luck

People restore rustier Broncos than yours. Check out how much original restored 66 Broncos sell for. A frame off 66 probably brings at least 40k.

BoncStang-60s":1pigsv6t said:
Very cool that you've had yours for all these years. It's definitely easier today with all the repro parts. All you need is money and time :unsure:

I'd be happy just to get it running and make incremental improvements. It would be fun if only a Sunday dump run vehicle as we're still a rural community.

I'm afraid at the very least I'm going to need a head, intake and exhaust manifold. Are these things available? Would it be easier to find someone that wants to sell a 170?

If you're going to swap you may as well look fr a 200. Love the Bronco. Wish I had one in the back 40 to tinker on.

Chad,

For my interests a 170 is just fine. Although we are considered SE NH we live about 800 feet above sea level, so no matter where I go, the return trip is up hill.

:banghead:

B RON CO, thank you for that offer. If I had a way to get your 170 I'd take it. I do think getting another motor that I can work on in parallel while my Bronco waits for a transplant may be my best course of action.

bmbm40, I agree they are valuable when restored. I know I'm lucky to have an early 66. Being my wife's grandfather's, it's priceless.

This will be the last year it is outdoors as I'm building a shelter now.

Econoline, I consider myself lucky to have a 66 Bronco. I'm a self taught mechanic and do basic repairs on our daily drivers. I've also been working on my wife's 67 Mustang.

The engine may not be the biggest problem with the Bronco. The body needs a lot of repairs. The worse being the driver's A pillar and floor pans.

1960s Econolines are another weakness of mine. They are rare around here. I saw one at a car show last year. Maybe someday.

Ur familiar w/the doz 'typical' vendors for these (some cross w/ur stang)? JBGY, WH, etc?

Chad. Oh yes I very familiar with many parts suppliers and some are familiar with me because of my wife's 67 Mustang.

They are like a candy store.

"... I very familiar with many parts suppliers and some are familiar with me because of my wife's 67 Mustang..."
no, I mean/said the bronk specific ?

"...the doz 'typical' vendors ..."
NOT: LMC, CJ Poney, Rock Auto etc...
not Autozone, ORileys, NAPA etc...
abt a doz (no modifier here: "only" or "all of", etc)
"BCBronks", "Duff", etc? ur gunna need them...

Change ur mind e-mail at below e-mail or PM here (perfer the below...

:beer: The Bronco looks better without the plow parts. Have you been soaking the cylinders with anything? :nod:

Thanks guys. I like it without the plow also. If it weren't for the plow the bronco might have been junked years ago. So I thank the plow for making the Bronco useful.

I've got mystery oil in the cylinders. If there is a better concoction, let me know.

I don't think that the head and intake are useable so I'll need to source those parts.

I've joined a fb group called Bronco Owners of North East States or BONES. Maybe I can find an engine closer through this group.

Tom

Tom, i told you to use deep creep.
If within an hour if you can't rotate the crankshaft, time for a rebuild.
Another option is find a replacement engine.

wsa111,

I remember. I've had a lot of suggestions coming my way. I'm going to try and pick up some deep creep tomorrow.

Thanks for reminding me.

Tom

Well if you have to replace the head you might need a rebuild which is a good time to get a copy of the Falcon Performance Handbook to consider some low cost minor performance upgrades.

they all did (WWP or PWW)
in some ways I'd go w/what U have...disassembly will prove. U would probably machine any motor given/sold to U anyway, here U get 'numbers matching" (even tho not achievable in this case.) randy (rindge, NH) is the top prts source man in the local 7 surrounding states (tasker) and easily reached (for bronk stuff). He may have started BONES if not sure there @ the beginning:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2370868/1973-ford-bronco/
that's one contact (I think he just built another yellow 'glass EB)...

(I have a 250ci anda 170ci abt 1 hr frm ur house, a 3.03 transmis too. just cores, machine'n rebuild).
:idea:

Back