1965 ford 200 I6 with a Holley 2300

1964170ci

I am getting a mildly heavy built 200 done for my early mustang, a problem I am having that I cant seem to solve is the throttle linkage for the Holley 2300 street avenger. the car is running the stock linkage with a upwards motion to actuate the carburetor while the new 2bbl carb has a downwards to the right away from the valve cover (clockwise). I am posting this in hopes of others with the same carburetor that solved the linkage issue. Thanks for your time.

right now I'm thinkin of 2 things:
the 'search function' here in the top right corner of this page;
and
a bell crank style apperades (hemin joints, rod, cable, etc...
The thread (many here) have/has pic too. Got any urself? If so plez post. This helps us problem solve w/U...
(good luck w/my spelling - gota LD)
:shock:
:roll:

chad":gacljb3t said:
right now I'm thinkin of 2 things:
the 'search function' here in the top right corner of this page;
and
a bell crank style apperades (hemin joints, rod, cable, etc...
The thread (many here) have/has pic too. Got any urself? If so plez post. This helps us problem solve w/U...
(good luck w/my spelling - gota LD)
:shock:
:roll:

I will link pictures as soon as I am able to get some.

I believe most are using a Lokar cable with a V-8 gas pedal.

What's the 2300' version ?

The stock 'over the valve cover' cable setup used by 70's Maverick, Comet, Mustang etc. is a favorite Accel' pedal upgrade to cable operation for upgraded' carbs.

The Ford 'over VC' setup includes the Pedal, Cable and Engine bracket. Enables the 2300 to be mounted with fuel bowl over VC away from exhaust Header/manifold or any config'.

. .

BUT if you need to reverse the pulling of a setup, an additional throttle shaft arm added to carbs throttle shaft bracket extending oppositely can work.

have fun
. . .

the 2nd pic in the VM article looks like 1 on our own thread (the peddle). pwerband has
a red 'over the VC bracket' (mine's frm a late 70s "Grabber" 250). These take you far in ur quest.
Will U use 'cable' or 'rod' linkage as ur ? For me? this is where the fun (problem solving/puzzle)
becomes enjoyable...w/oe '65 the rod (again) can use a bell crank solution w/o 'over the vc'.
:nod:

Back