Updated 03/2009 - First posted 12/2002 - Aussie 2V owners!

Ive got one and its in the car running. Had it started up a few times now, bed in the cam, test things out and it seams real strong and runs real good once warm.

Had a run on problem probally due to the bloody runners on these things.
Just the shifter and clutch cable and a few other little things and its go. Ill let people know how she goes. Cheers Steve

Count me in! 8) It will be awhile before I get to install and run it tho. :cry: When I do, I will post pics.

Took mine off the the machinist today. I'm excited! I don't mean to highjack the topic, but what cam did all of you choose to use with your rebuilt head, and are you happy with it?

Thanks.

Michael

I just got mine on Friday :D Anyone got an extra intake? The last bloke who had this head/intake HACKED up the intake to convert it to a 4v :cry: so I'm gonna build a custom FI intake but would like to run a carb while I'm getting the FI stuff together. Pics & build progress will eventually be posted on the forum.

i've got a complete Oz 250-2v that i'm going to rebuild in the near future
so you can count me as well

If the crank's standard size and not damaged, I've got NIB bearings you can have...

i still have to find a freaking garage to put the engine in so i can tear it down

but i'll let ya know what's up

GrantD posted:
Wow a 6 year old thread gets resurrected.

Yes, it is interesting, but check out the number of viewings? Over 13,000!

Here's what going on in my world lately:
Well that was December 2002, I had my Aussie V2 running just a few months, I had later added the Paxton Supercharger to this setup. I pulled my engine down in January to replace piston's ring's etc.... and freshen up the engine. The rings we falling apart just like Mustang_Geezer's did, I should have pulled the engine and rebuilt it then and there, hind sight is so 20/20, well I didn't and made it two miles when the engine let go :shock: Broke Cam in half, metal parts all over the oil pan, and upon taking it apart found that a rod bolt snapped and did quit a bit of damage, cylinder wall damaged, crank damage and the block would need to be checked for cracks? Well now I'm trying to decide if I just look for a new used block and rebuild the 200 cu.in. or look for a 250 cu. in. and make the swap over? Well hope you all are doing better ;)

New total Aussie 2V is 42 and still counting! :LOL:

Well newest update is:
Just rebuilt a new 200 block out of a 1980 Mustang, .060 over new cam from Azcoupe 264-274 110* ARP bolts stock dish pistons.
** I have relocated my battery back to stock position up front under the hood, I had moved it to the truck to allow room for the Paxton Supercharger, I pulled the Supercharger for my break in period on the new engine and I now am in the process of making a new bracket to re-mount my Paxton on the Drivers side away from the heat from my headers, in a position closer to where the GT 350's mounted the Paxton Superchargers back in the 60's. The pictures posted below is an in progress photo, I'm just test fitting the bracket and try to see how the belts will line up and test to see if it clears the hood and other things under the hood. I'll post pictures of the bracket which is mounted to the power steering mounting point (I removed my Power steering) as soon as I get everything working correctly.

Paxton3-2009.jpg

I've got a Aussie head installed on my 67 Mustang. I'm right around the corner from ClassicInlines so I had lots of support (and great parts).

I know this is an old thread but I just joined in the last few weeks and wasn't sure where would be the best place to make my first post. I recently bought a rebuilt OZ250-2V head and intake off of eBay from Aus Ford Parts and was wondering if anyone has ever delt with them? My plan is to install the head on my '67 mustang convertible. I restored the car about 10 years ago and it is mostly stock except for a pertronix ignition and coil, 14x7 aftermarket rims with P235/60R14 Cooper Cobras, 4-lug power front disc brakes, and a unisteer manual steering rack. Except for the pertronix the engine is a basic bone stock rebuild with less than 10,000 miles on it. The car has a rebuilt C-4 automatic and the original 7.25" rear axle with a 2.83 gear ratio. I use the car primarily for cruise-ins and car shows with occassional pleasure cruising.

I have received the 250 head from Aus Ford Parts and done a preliminary examination. The casting code on the head is ARD10E 6048 AC. The head was rebuilt using the original valves. One of the exhaust valves shows some pitting. I removed one intake and exhaust valve to measure them. The stems measure 0.344" in diameter so according to the Falcon Six Performance Handbook they are non-US valves. The intake measures 1.770" and the exhaust measures 1.476". This is confusing to me beacuse the OZ-250 section of the FSPHB says that 1.75" intakes were the largest intakes offered. The measurements were taken with a pair of calipers. It looks to me like a 3-angle valve job was performed. Not sure if hardened exhaust seats were installed. The head does not have a port divider but it looks like it may have been ported as the bowls and runners have a smooth surface and the exhaust ports flare out a bit at the gasket surface. There are no cast circles in the exhaust port ceilings except for no. 3 and no. 4 which also are the only place in the runners to have a rough cast surface. The retainers are one piece and look very similar to the 260 V-8 retainers in the FSPHB. Not sure how to post pictures but once I figure it out, I will post some.

My plans are to measure the combustion chambers to determine how much it needs milled to get it to the 67 200's 52CC size. I also may weld in a port divider before taking the head to a machine shop to have it checked out along with milling it and facing the exhaust flange. I am not planning to replace the valves and springs at this time as they are pretty good sized. Because my engine is rebuilt with low miles and in the car, I am reluctant to do a cam swap. I am, however, seriously considering a set of 1.6 roller tip rockers to gain a little more valve lift with the stock cam and the ability to adjust the valve lash. For exhaust, I plan to get CLassic Inlines header and install 2" dual exhaust with Flow Master mufflers. Because I blew my budget on the head, I plan to rebuild an autolite 2100 2V that I have lying around. I need to check the size but it is for a '67 289 so I am guessing it is around 300CFM. I also have the load-o-matic distributor so to save money I was planning to rebuild a distributor from a '71 250 and convert it to a Pertronix ignition. Any advice concerning my plans would be appreciated.

prostkxy":19eiz2kb said:
guys add anothr 10 heads to the list
i have 3 spare heads and manifolds
7 complete motors with heads and manifolds
im looking at aquiring another 3 or 4 soona nd i have not spent more than $150 for a complete motor and trans (3 of them have not even been runin or started yet!)
and sorry to spoil anyones dreams but i am not selling any, they are spares and for future projects.

x 2 more to the total, and to imagine at times reading thru the forum I've felt guilty for having 1 spare. Share the love mate! ;)

Back