63 Falcon Futura Bucket Seat Puzzle

Moderator: Mod Squad

Harlon

63 Falcon Futura Bucket Seat Puzzle

Post #1 by Harlon » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:11 am

I'm buying a 63 Futura convertible with a bench seat. It happens that I found someone who may be willing to trade a set of 61 Futura buckets and console for some cash and the bench in my future Futura. He won't sell them outright but was somewhat open to the idea of a trade.

Trying to find out if these would be a bolt in swap or if I'll have to fabricate mounts? I've read that the 63 convertible and Coupe buckets aren't interchangable. I've also read that the 63 convertible buckets are the same as the 62 buckets.

The thing I haven't been able to establish is whether the 61 buckets are the same as the 62s?

If they are then that should make them the same as the 63 convertibles and a bolt in swap.

Or, since the Futura Convertible is drilled for a bench, will I have to drill all new holes no matter what the fitment?

Thanks

bubba22349
Global Moderator

Re: 63 Falcon Futura Bucket Seat Puzzle

Post #2 by bubba22349 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 pm

To the best of my knowledge the 1961 to 63 Bucket seats are the same, yes you will need to drill some of the holes for the inter brackets i.e. Next to the driveshaft tunnel, the floor pans may have a dimple to mark where the holes need to be drilled or better still you could make a template from the 1961 Futura you get the buckets from to use as a patern. Good luck :nod:
A bad day Drag Racing is still better than a good day at work!

I am still hunting for a project car to build but with my current low budget it's not looking so good. My Ex- Fleet of Sixes these are all long gone! :bang: 1954 Customline 223 3 speed with O/D, 1963 Fairlane project drag car with BB6, 1977 Maverick 250 with C4, 1994 F-150 a 300 with 5 speed.