Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40, mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry, rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad, drag-200stang, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, Jimmys61falcon, rjonah, Sooshi, Robert92867, Invectivus

PLEASE TEST ON http://dev.fordsix.com

<<<***PLEASE READ*** New Site Update >>>

Lavron's '64 Comet Budget Build

Moderator: Mod Squad

lavron

Re: Lavron's '64 Comet Budget Build

Post #51 by lavron » Fri May 08, 2020 2:07 pm

Soldmy66 wrote:I think there are several of us (at least one) who follow this thread and feel a sense of vicarious triumph with each step.

Well done.

Thanks for that, I have been asked to make movies of the first time I start it and the first test drive out of the shed, I will try and do that.

It is pretty exciting to have a bunch of stuff hooked up and ready to go, I will be curious to see how much stuff I have missed, might be time to make a list (I have said that so many times :roll: ) when there is a lot to do it is not hard to keep moving along doing the big stuff, it seems like all the little stuff is what is going to slow me down.

See Ya,
Mike
64 Comet 202 Sedan, 250- I6, Air Ride, Mll, 8.8 LSD, 4 wheel Discs
Currently a Build in Progress- Whatever I do it will be awesome!

Rinke

Post #52 by Rinke » Sat May 09, 2020 5:25 pm

Nice thread to follow. You're making bigger steps than I managed.
The rebuild phase is the sweetset phase there is in my opinion.

Enjoy it!

Rinke
64 Falcon Station Deluxe
3 on the tree
3.50:1 rear end
Been collecting dust & adding rust for 30 years
Goal: to keep it all working from okt 2008 till all eternity

lavron

Post #53 by lavron » Thu May 21, 2020 2:52 am

Rinke wrote:Nice thread to follow. You're making bigger steps than I managed.
The rebuild phase is the sweetset phase there is in my opinion.

Thanks, I do enjoy it even though it can be frustrating at times :?

Just a quick post, didn't know if I should post this here or on the engine build thread so I guess this one won :roll:

I am adding a 3G Alternator (I had none so I decided this would the easiest to replace down the road if I needed to) It is really a bolt-on operation as long as you have the brackets (mine is a '77 250 A/C motor) I had to buy a new pulley for a twin V belt 2G alternator and swap it with the serpentine pulley, that was the hardest part of the job.

For now it will get a single belt until I do the A/C install, I had an old rotten belt so I cut it and installed after shortening it, now I can take it to the parts store and have them get me a belt the same size.

The alternator is clocked correctly IMO to hook up the wiring fairly easily.

It is a 130amp for a '96 Mustang V6. I already have the factory pigtails to wire it up.

See Ya,
Mike

lavron

Post #54 by lavron » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:43 pm

No pictures to show, but I got the flywheel, clutch & PP installed on the motor, bolted the trans on and put it all down in the Comet, got the mounts all installed and the driveshaft, hooked up the hydraulic clutch and bled it and changed out the driven speedo gear (running a black gear on the shaft and a white gear on the cable) and installed it, filled the trans with fluid.

So all the running gear is installed :beer:

See Ya,
Mike